for campus recruitments

Discussion in 'Education' started by navalarchaj, Nov 30, 2012.

1. navalarchaj

navalarchaj Junior Member

Friends....I am pursuing my final year under graduation course on NAVALARCHITECHTURE AND MARINE ENGINEERING......I want your suggestions and questions asked on theory of ships,stability,resistance and propulsion,ship construction of displacement vessels...........pls post the questions that are asked frequently and the answer below......it makes me more confident after seeing dat and attending my interview.............and also tell me the topics which i hav to get the grip of in the subject.........

2. DavidJ

DavidJ Senior Member

I am sorry I do not understand what it is you are asking for. Are you wanting to be quizzed on general naval architecture to prepare you for job interviews?

I do not know what it is like elsewhere in the world but in North America it is extremely rare to be interviewed with technical questions. The piece of paper from your university proves that you are able to solve technical problems. Job interviews are usually about who you are, why you want to work there, how good a fit your skills and personality are within the current team. Things like that.

Common questions I've heard in interviews are:
    • Why did you choose naval architecture?
    • What aspects of naval architecture interests you most (least)?
    • What was your favorite subject (in school) and why?
    • Where do you see your career in 5 years?
    • What do you think are your strengths (weaknesses)?
    • If there was a conflict within the team on a project you were working on how would you solve that?

Then there are usually general questions that vary depending on what the company does. These can be anything like have you ever used a certain type of software, what experience do you have with FEA or surveying or 3D modeling, whatever. Again it is rare for an interviewer to ask specifics.

Good luck.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.