need the book

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by amamini, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Kaptin,

my library is quite extensive too, it is not fair for people to expect something for nothing, sort of like downloading all your music instead of buying it, i do both, so try to do both, it is more reasonable to society in general.

same as free work, if you want to work for nothing , do it for yourself!

2. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

That's what the "Semi Pro" means under my name. All my boat work is for myself except when I barter my labor for someone else's labor or knowledge. For instance; I'm having my transmission rebuilt in exchange for a couple of week-ends doing fiberglass work on a friends boat. My wife is a singer. She pays for all her downloads. I'm an Architect. I pay for my Auto-Cad software. I really don't care if he is French or American. Buy the damn book. If he can't afford the book he sure can't afford to build a boat!!

3. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Good on you mate, thanks.

4. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Don't make fun of the guy, people. Remember you are all natively speaking english, and I consider myself to be lucky to be Dutch. At least I have learnt to speak 4 languages at school. In France, at least until recently, no training was given in any foreign language.

This guy is at least making an effort to speak English, now we just have to push him carefully in the right way. He probably is a student, and as you know, saving money is a big item then.

5. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

No one is making fun of anyone!! Just the opposite. I'll quote myself since it seems we have to repeat ourselves.

"I really don't care if he is French or American. Buy the damn book. If he can't afford the book he sure can't afford to build a boat!!":confused: :!:

6. Herman

Herman Senior Member

He is probably a student, and does not want to build a boat, but wants to build knowledge. However, he unfortunately has not returned, to clarify things.

7. thurm

thurm New Member

you sound like a bunch of pog's. i think there is a hens nest for you to go build landlubber:p