Need Pickle Fork Plans

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Thin water, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Thin water

Thin water Senior Member

I want to build a pickle fork style hydroplane, 12' - 13' long. The only one I have found is the 9' plans Glen-L sells. It is way to small for me. Any plans available? Most boat plan companies offer the three point style with the round nose look but I think the pickle fork style "looks" much faster while sitting still.

JIM

2. crfabbro1

crfabbro1 New Member

Try Sorensen Woodcraft in Washington state (559)665-2690. They
    have hydro and runabout plans that are currently used in racing. They
    have a web sight if you can find it. chris

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Sorensen: http://www.boatracingr11.com/sorensenmain.htm
    The little pickleforks and runabouts they have are mostly Stock Outboard race boats. These boats (classes A through D depending mainly on driver weight/age, and detuned-motor J class for kids) are quite popular in many areas and there are active racing circuits going. Mostly family teams, father-daughter etc. 40 knots plus with a 15 hp outboard is possible in some of these, with careful prop choice and engine tuning.
    Edit:
    If you're interested in racing, and the size/type you're looking at could easily lead you to a race boat, contact the APBA (start at http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/propeller/index.php?Article=Stock Outboard ) to see what's happening around your area.

4. Thin water

Thin water Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.