Powerboat Class-1

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by BILLONI, Jun 10, 2007.

1. BILLONI

BILLONI www.PBGMAG.com

I was a spectator of the GREEK GRAND PRIX class-1.It was really amazing.
    I would like some help.I would like to find any information about this kind of boats.
    Like blueprints, designs, technology.I took a lot of photos from the dry pits
    but I really want to find blueprints, dimensions and things like that.So I would appriciate if anyone could help me.

2. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I don't think you can find mutch about this on the internet or this forum.
    This kind off boats are developed with lots of cost and the designer won't let it out, but keep it to themself.

Theinterest in powerboats, compared to formula 1 and Nashcar is low and I have only sen a bluepring from one f1 car in my life and that was on a photograf from the 1970's

Good luck

3. BILLONI

BILLONI www.PBGMAG.com

Thank you a lot my friend.I took many photos from the dry pits(good close ups) so I can have something like an idea about the construction. I will continue my research.

4. Jango

Jango Senior Enthusiast

You got my curiosity. Can you post some of your pictures?

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Billoni,

There aren't nearly as many sites for Formula 1 boat racing as for auto racing, but there are a few. This one seems to have a lot, including race calendar, press releases, drivers and teams, etc. Follow the links at the top to uncover quite a lot of detailed information.

http://www.f1boat.com/history/introf1.html

This is one driver/boatbuilder site, with some boat description (not much, no one shares secrets during the season :) )

http://www.craigbailey.com.au/about.php#about

One more, for Australian fans:

http://www.f1boat.com.au/index.jsp?pageID=what

I enjoy watching Formula 1 whenever I can; the turning ability of these boats is really incredible.

Enjoy the info!

6. raw

raw Senior Member

Class 1 not F1 Charmc. Very different boats and very different $$$. Class 1 are much bigger, faster and raced by lots of arabs with lots of oil to sell...:)

Several years ago, I held a small design/detailing role within a Class 1 team. I seriously doulbt that you will be able to get any current plans. I cannot supply you either.

You might try Michael peters as he was drawing a lot of them a decade ago. He may have some non-sensitive stuff on available. Don't think your chances are high though.

7. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Sorry, the Grand Prix designation fooled me.

Yes, looks like you need lots of oil money to race Class 1; guess that's why the Spirit of Norway is the main challenger to Arab teams. :)

But, Belloni, you'd probably enjoy F1 also!

8. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Spirit of Norway is a private team :cool:

9. charmc

charmc Senior Member

I think they all are; just meant that it takes big money to race that class. The principal owner of the Norway team has investments in huge fishing and offshore oil support companies. Now merged with Aker; so more big money! :cool:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.