some design advice

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by justjuiced, Dec 28, 2010.

1. justjuiced

justjuiced justjuiced

Hello, I`m really skilled with design of buildings however with boats and the like, I`m out of my depth.

I`m planning to build a steel dutch barge (loa 70ft, beam 12ft, draft 2ft) and I`m concerned the style of craft will not meet channel crossing requirements I have. I like the aethestics and living accom the dutch barge design offers since this craft will be my home for the foreseeable future, yet I still need to vessel to navigate inland canals and rivers in the UK and France plus coastal waters to Barcelona or Norway.

Could I ask for some advice on what craft will offer me the classic aethetic lines of a dutch barge, whilst providing me with shallow draft for inland cruising and stability for coastal passages. Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.