Need Help With Aluminum Lofting

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jdnelson97, May 24, 2011.

1. jdnelson97

jdnelson97 Junior Member

On the First 32' boat I was able to fudge on the Hull plate by adding material to the flat pattern before cutting it on the CNC router (using sharpie lines on the orignial outline). I did this in fear of the entry shape not coming out right. The builder new about this and was able to take measurments points I gave him and shave the part down to the correct size once the hull had been tacked together.This was done for the side plates as well. The builder took measurements at each frame from the shear line to the chine and relayed it back to me to fix the parts on the next 32' project. All other parts on the vessel came out with no issues. But I knew there had to be a better way in creating these surfaces in the software or a mathmatical solution. So these parts were not cut as shown earlier. Hope that answers your question. :)

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I understand, thanks. Cheers!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.