Need help to start new boat building business

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by catob, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Im available for your boat building venture. I have no "skills: per-se however I can fill the position of office gossip and snitch since you will need one. I can also do double duty as the guy that complaines about everything. Presently Im working for the US government in the Tax Buero. My salery requirements are the same as you Chief NA/NE or at the very least the same as your CEO. I have refrences that are more then willing to explaine exactly how very well qualified I am for the above position.

2. kyboatbuilder

kyboatbuilder Junior Member

Just went through the same thing...

I recently went through the steps of buying a distressed boat company and turning it around. Things are going well and moving along smoothly. I would be more than willing to help you out in any way I can. If you are looking for any potential partners I would love to chat. PM me and we can discuss more details.

3. Jesseleey

Jesseleey Junior Member

Hey RatRace, You have a valid point. The Jet-Ski market is blowing up and has been for awhile. One over looked market well atleast here in texas is the Center Console fishing boat demand. There are more and more guides flocking to the Texas coast every year and all of them want a tournament ready custom boat. Some of those custom boats are selling $40000 and up. That is the business I want to tap. The multi use hull design, one that can get up in the shallows and run in 6" of water and then double as a bay boat handleing 3ft bay chop. The multi use boat is what people are looking for here on the texas coast. So if you were wanting to start some kind of business don't over look Texas.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Is everyone here called gamage? (beware of this people)

5. ratrace2

ratrace2 Senior Member

Gulf Ready River boat.

:D
    Yes, now you are thinking: find a market then build the business around the market. But, how to best tap into that market without the mistakes. I would start thinking about looking in the New Jersey, Wisconsin, Carolina for used boats that I could broker. I wouldn't buy a boat company that is going out of business and then build that same old stuff. It can take alot of captiol and time to build a business, why not just "shot-circuit" the process and broker some boats that are laying around un-used.:)

6. ratrace2

ratrace2 Senior Member

What the "hay"

What does that mean "gamage"? "beware of the people".
    What in the hell are you talking about?:eek:

7. catob

catob Junior Member

Hi, My name is Ali. I live in Qatar and have dream of starting my own boat building. I am very much interstead in talking to you about how did you manage to start your own business and possible cooperation or parternship. Please let me know your private email. Mine is "ycato2001@hotmail.com"

Thanks.
    Ali