Need help on hyd. trim tabs hose routing

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by skullhooker, Jan 22, 2008.

1. skullhooker

skullhooker Junior Member

I'm trying to neaten up my center console outboard motor splash well hose routing. Currently the hose routing goes like this: threaded nipples from the backside of the bennett trim tab actuators poke through the transom, into the splash well, then 90 degree bend fittings are threaded on the nipples with compression fittings , and from there the standard black plastic hydraulic tubing runs from the bends through a rubber boot grommet into the hull / bilge area, making its way to the control pump unit.

I'm worried that a swimmer / diver will step on the tubing in the splashwell when boarding and snap the tubing off at the compression fittings.

Does anyone know of any vendor who sell stainless braid hoses and fittings so I can remove the black plastic tubing from the splash well? Can I use standard hydraulic hoses from non-marine sources?

I called bennett marine and they reccommended staying with the plastic tubing and the rep was hesitant to offer any suggestions (probably for liability / reliability reasons).

2. skullhooker

skullhooker Junior Member

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.