Need help on glassing

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by John Case, Mar 22, 2004.

1. John Case

John Case wetnwild

I have a 77 Sleekcraft tunnelhaul.I am replacing the flooboard.What is the best way to do this job and what kind of product should I use.

2. soundude

soundude River Rat

Sleekcraft repairs

John, 1st I would like to say I am glad to see another Sleekcraft owner on the web, and doing a restoration. I have a 77 Sleekcraft myself and have just finished a complete transom, center beam, braces, and floor replacement. I added gussets at the bilge area (not factory) for extra reinforcement. It was a long and painstaking process but well worth it. I actually cut the top rear cap off and removed it to be able to do the job right. I just put the boat in the water on Sunday, July18, for the first time in 4 1/2 years. You can check out the photos of the process @ http://www.nashvilleconnection.com/md/myboat.html, I have some of the latest photos that I will be posting to the site by weeks end. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will be glad to help. By the way, what kind of motor do you have? Mine has a 2.6 Yamaha outboard. Good luck!
    soundude :cool:

3. Shorethang

Shorethang New Member

Sleek Project

Hi John,
    It is Thanksgiving morning and I am up very early doing a Google search looking for info for my upcoming Sleek project. Ironically enough, I found SoundDude's site right before I found your thread and this site. There is a ton of info available at screamandfly.com regarding anything and everything to do with performance boating. I am planning on splitting my deck and totally removing it in order to replace stringer, floor, and transom this winter. I am also considering other options such as cutting out the splash well in a manner more similar to what SoundDude did. I have a ton of questions also, and will keep in touch with any info I think you can use. Happy T-Day. If you want to see a pic of my boat, go to hydrostream.org and find the galllery for the CT River Run. Mine is the blue sleek in the far right column, about 4-5 rows up from the bottom. Check out some of the other boats there... pretty sick. Have a good holiday!!

Steve

4. rockbuilt11779

rockbuilt11779 New Member

sleekcraft resto

Hi, I am doing a sleekcraft resto my self. I own two of them, a 28ft enforcer, the one being restored and a 20ft jet. I have completed installing all new marine plywood on the tunnels and done the floor. I can send you pix if you want. However I will not be able to answer my email until Sunday. I am a sleekcraft head if you know what I mean. I have a 515 cid bigblock chevy with a b+m 250 blower going in for this spring. Let me know if I can help!

Rocko...
    Rockbuilt11779@aol.com

5. Sully

Sully New Member

Hey all! :)

Firstly to introduce myself, im Shane from Ireland, Cork to be percise down the very South!

I have just bought a Sleek Craft 26ft. Now i dont know the model of it but i do know there is a 2 year old Volvo Penta 4.3L V6.

The boat itself is in need of repair and have already gutted the interior.

The hull and engine are pretty much perfect. Here is an image but appologies for the small size and quality! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Now what im looking for is some info on this kind of sleek craft on the net have searched but not found much...

Any hints and tips on this kind of boat??

Oh and to say i love the boat is an understatement!! :D

Thanks in Advance,

Shane

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.