need help of the interior constrcution

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by stephendehong, Feb 13, 2008.

1. stephendehong

stephendehong New Member

I'm working on a 42' power boat inside, and try to use something attach on the wall and frames, somehing like leatheroid to cover, but doesn't work, please see the pictures and if someone can tell me how to work on that?
    what material should use?

Attached Files:

2. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

I believe you are trying to re-install or install vinyl headliner. There are a few good spray products made for that specific use. 3M makes a good spray adhesive. Most auto body supply stores sell it.

3. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Also the good 3M hook and hook tape stapled (stainless steel staples) to the liner is virtually unremovable. Once they are slammed together, it is a devil of a job to rip them apart. The tension is adjusted by the amount of tape you use. I am not referring to the standard hook and loop tape, there is a heavy duty hook and hook tape, solid little hooks that lock up real good.