Need Help! Looking for a 24' -27' with wheel, 4ft draft, etc.

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by N2rockets, Sep 23, 2009.

1. N2rockets

N2rockets Junior Member

Hi guys! I am looking for a sailboat with several specific needs and am wondering if you have recommendations on a good design for a good price!

I am looking for a boat size 24' to 27' that I can trailer to my ranch, not store in a slip. I would like it to have a wheel and controls at the rear for 1 person operation. I need a smaller draft, around 4 ft. if possible and I plan on taking it to light open/blue water use so i want it to be built solid to take some abuse. I would also like it to have a center mounted stern outboard mount for motor for plugging around without needing sails.

What do you guys think? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Forgot to mention, I am not looking to break the bank on this one guys, something used and maybe needs a little love would be perfect!

I don't know if I'm asking for too much with all these preferences, but hopefully you guys can help me widdle down the options and see if anything fits.

2. packman

packman Junior Member

trailerable powersailor

Howdy,
    There are several boats in that range available, I own a Lancer 27PS(Powersailor) but it's over 20 years old. The new or newer boats that fit your needs might be an Odin, I don't remember the model, or a Hunter Edge. Of the two the Odin is billed as blue water capable, the Hunter, not so much. The Macgregor 26 M is billed as capable but all reports, and personal inspection, indicate a lake sailor fairly cheaply built. I've done this research a year ago.
    Good Luck!

Rich

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.