Yacht designers and engineers :I need information

Discussion in 'Education' started by sele, Jul 8, 2011.

1. sele

sele High School Student

Yacht designers and engineers

I'm a student who intends to design marine vehicles.I want to use my creativity and I want to know about the mechanical part too.

So the key words for me are :design,marine and engineering.After my education I want to be able to make marine vehicles that means I want to learn about design and the mechanics

But here's the problem:There are a lot of different subjects about this like naval architecture , ocean or marine engineering , yacht design , engineerins etc.
    So if you can tell me the differences between those terms and if you can tell me about the jobs and careers about this I will be really happy

And if you can advise me schools, that would be really helpful.For exemple is MIT's ocean engineering department a good choice or are there other
    universities or education programs you can suggest.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

MIT no longer has a separate ocean engineering program. Several years ago ocean engineering and naval architecture were moved into the mechanical engineering department.

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.