need help getting plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by catmando2, Oct 11, 2006.

1. catmando2

catmando2 Malaysia bound....soon

trying to track down drawings for something like these pics around 11 ft, that i can build in foam,nida-core or similar, and yes I have had a long look trying to track something down.

Thanks
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Draw one up!

Why dont you design one, your in the right place for it! You have good pictures so you can get rough measurements, and thats a solid start. Post your progress and/or problems for help and suggestions...If you can build one, you shouldnt have a hard time drawing one up. Plus, it will be everything you want and nothing you dont!

3. catmando2

Indeed your right figgy , you'd reckon if I can build a 50 ft cat I could build a bloody dinghy, and I don't want it pretty and shiny either, some prick would steal it. But.... I have a few things going on at the moment and believe that someone must have come up with a good one already, infact , obviously they have 'cause I've got the pic's.

So come on guy's, what have ya got ???

Dave

1 person likes this.
  4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Alu flat cat

Catmando2, I built an alloy cat dingy 8' long with 2mm checker sheet for the hull bottoms & seat & 2mm plain sheet for the out sides & inner tunnel sides, it was super tuff(46 kg) & pretty economic to build, had 32 mm tube gunnel & folded bouyancy compartments at the transom amidships & fwd, the side to bottom join was welded edge to edge, as was the seat to tunnel join, the bow had a transom also like a pointy C on its side with the back of the C about 175 mm deep to form the fwd cross beam in 4mm alloy plate. I schemed it up one morning, marked & cut the sheet & welded out after work in a week- absolutly fabulous!, On an east coast cruise I let 4 different people template that baby, 'cos every one wanted it, dunno how many built it though. I've also got a mold for a 8' glass cat dingy, but I reckon you could make a sweet 12' melamine sheet mold for one but only make it for half(centreline join) but with a bow each end & a transom blanking peice that you swap ends with to get a port & stb hull. All the best in your endeavours & dingy plan search.Regards from Jeff.

1 person likes this.
  5. catmando2

Hey Jeff, I did my time at Lloyds ships in the 80s so i'm pretty handy with MIG and TIG. Would be very interested in this tinny if you have any details.

Dave

6. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Dave, funny world, I just had to(yesterday) Knock back a Q'land to sydney delivery on Kokomo- (maybe some of your Lloyds handy work) due to other commitments. I can sketch you some details & post via snail mail & maybe dig up a foto(sorry cant post to site as aint that IT savvy).PM mail address for that to happen. Regards from Jeff.PS: your powercat looks cool.:cool:

7. northerncat

northerncat Senior Member

did you ever get some drawings for the above pictured little dinghy, it looks great and i want one just like it
    sean

8. catmando2

Yes I did, bit mud mappy, but appreciated.

Dave.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.