need advices

Discussion in 'Education' started by Hunterye, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Hunterye

Hunterye Junior Marine Engineer

HI there,

I am an engineering student currently studying naval architecture and marine engineering at University of Memorial. I am on my second years now, next term in september I will be enrolled into the facutly. I always love this career since one of my dream is to be able to design and build my own yacht travelling around the world. I somehow feel instinctively that your school might be a good choice for me. To tell the truth, there is one problem with me, I don't see too much design talent I have and I have zero basis of arts. I may misunderstood but that is exactly what I think: a great designer must be a talented artist. That is the obstacle I am facing now. Do you think I stil can be a boat designer.
    By the way, the way our university runs is workterm and school alternatively which means I have to study at school for four straight months then take off to work at other places another four months. So far I have four years left including 6 school terms and 5 work terms. I think I should be able to take course during the 5 work terms.
    There is also a side question , I want to be a successfully business man runing company such as luxury yacht. How do you think the prospective business situation in China. DO you think yacht will eventually become a large industry as motobile car in China. What do you think of the future of china from a Marin industry views.
    I will be thankful for you time and effort.

Regards,
    Hunter

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.