need advice on replacing front seating area

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by bubtheboater, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bubtheboater

bubtheboater New Member

i just bought a 1970 25 trojan marlin center console, i have been reading all the post that relate to me on fiberglass work and so on. un able to find out a easy way to rebuild the front deck and seating area. the front section has been completely remove and discarded by the prevous owner. my question is can i build out of 1/4 inch ply for the sides and 1/2 to 3/4 for the seating. i would cut to fit and then fiberglass the back side and reinforce with wood slats or whatever. i was thinking of using peel ply for a smooth texture. i really dont want to make a mold. please give my some advise!

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Lots of fiberglass hulls have been finished with all wood decking and interiors, so sure you can do what you have in mind. You don't need to use any fiberglass if you don't want to.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.