Interior building costs ?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Temba, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Temba

Temba New Member

Being in the very first stage of building a sailboat (i.e. dreaming about it :D) I would like to get an idea about the costs for building a boat interior. Let's say that the hull would be made from steel and/or aluminium and the length would be somewhere between 30 - 40 feet.

I understand that it's self-evident that the total price of an interior layout depents on lots of things/choices, but i have to make a start somewhere :)
    Also defining what's interior and what's not, might be an issue, i leave that up to the experts :p

Maybe someone can give me an idea from their experiences. Or maybe there are some great links that can help me out. Thanks in advance!

2. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Read the WEST system book "The Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction" and Jay Benford's book "Small Ships". Both discuss the costs of boatbuilding. The labor to build the interior of a boat is the most expensive item in building boats.

Eric

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.