Need A Little Help

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Dominator31, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Dominator31

Dominator31 New Member

My friend and I, are thinking about making a small wooden boat..probably around 10-12'. We both have decent woodworking knowledge and access to an array of tools. The boat only need to be stable enough to row through stagnant water with about 400 pounds of weight on board. We want a boat that we can carry in a truck bed and then just drop into the water in some local hidden ponds. We are open to any kind of design..aslong as it doesnt involve a motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. wade

wade Junior Member

boat

Hi,
    This summer I built Jim Michalak's RB42. It is a rowboat that can be rowed singly or with two. It is 18ft and ( I believe) 42" wide. Go to duckworksmagazine.com and find the link. There are pictures there and they were so ugly I almost didn't build the boat. I am glad I did though, she is a beauty and performs better than I dreamed. It isn't the easiest to fish out of but I do anyway. Stitch and glue and you could build her in a week. It weighs about 100lbs and I carry mine on top of the truck and roll it to the water with old toy wagon wheels. I very fine boat and good first project. Wade

3. Dominator31

Dominator31 New Member

4. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

5. dansea

dansea Junior Member

Hey Dominator ; check out www.spirainternational.com all kind of boats cartoppers to cruisers... Good luck and have fun with it....Dan