naval architects pls notice

Discussion in 'Education' started by deeps, Feb 6, 2006.

1. deeps

deeps New Member

hi this is deeps
    I m a mechanical engineer employed as a marine engineering officer on board a crude oil tanker.I wish to change my career and do some designing instead. to be precise I m planning to go for an Msc in naval architecture from UK. Any of u guys out there in this feild or situation could help me out with this dilemma.
    I am not sure about the market and consequent job opportunities thereafter.
    would it be wise to leave my current job at this juncture and go for a completely
    new career, where i aint sure whether my sailing experience would be of any use and to top it all most people I talked to ,have put this idea into my head that there is a shortage of job opportunities for freshers.
    help me out...

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I would keep the job and start designing boats in the spare time as a start. If you want to design ships that's maybe easier to get into.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.