new guy saying hi

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by vaporvette, May 3, 2011.

1. vaporvette

vaporvette Junior Member

Hello,my name is Stu and I just bought a 12' 1983 vaporvette.
    I am new to boats and will have many questions as I am going to restore the boat.
    If anyone has any information or pictures of these boats I'd like to hear from you. Thanks,Stu.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Hi Stu.

Fun little boat. Don't see many of these around now that jetskiis are everywhere.
    What's the outboard? What top end do you expect? Have you had it in the water yet?

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Hey Stu,

Welcome aboard!

How's the boat run?

-Tom

P.S. Which one of the 49 Norcals do you live in?

4. vaporvette

vaporvette Junior Member

The boat started but wouldn't idle when I bought it,I'm betting some plugs,filter and a carb rebuild should do me. I'm a car guy so this will be the first time working on an outboard,and I'm already slightly intimidated:)
    I stripped it the day after I bought it(not my plan but usually what happens to my stuff) I'm going to focus on restoring the body and slapping some color on it before I get into the motor. If it will do 35 with my fat butt in it I'll be happy. I live in Petaluma.

5. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Welcome Vaporvette ! You will indeed find lots of help here :)

Best of luck and welcome to BD.net ...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.