Naval architects and designers are a waste of money!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dreamer, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

Oh, they finally got it to float. I thought it was still on the dry, more floats being welded on. :p

Lurvio

2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Lurvio: What is that avatar with the sunglasses? It reminds me of a little puppet from the late 1990's that was all over Europe. Mr Oizo. :D

3. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

It's a toy moose I got a long time ago, with my sunglasses. Ive been using it as an avatar for a long time. You'll get to see my face, when I get my boat ready.

Note to self: Update the build thread. :)

Lurvio

4. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

It's an 80 ft boat so it's not small, I'n not sure what the tonnage would be - about 75T? 40 people all on one side might heel it a bit but I shouldn't think it would flip. I'm not rushing to send in my reservation however . . .

5. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

My memory on the details is a bit faint, but the original boat was 50-something footer that was extented to 80 ft, I think it was from the middle. Then it was extented skywards at least by one deck level.

Lurvio

6. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

Why is this thread still not transferred to the 'jokes' section?
    Honestly: the recent months have not really lead to practical results and (me included) we are actually just gossiping along. :confused:

7. Aharon

Aharon Junior Member

That was very funny: "...will continue to service to its guests of private, corporal, and..."
    That is "Corporate"!!!!
    In my mind I joked, "is the writer going to cite the whole military ranks from the bottom up?!:rolleyes:
    Now seriously, if what Apex1 says is correct, that is an accident waiting to happen. Oy vey!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.