Naval Architect looking for change

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Kreso, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Kreso

Kreso Senior Naval Architect

Hi !
    I'm naval architect from Croatia with 7 years of working experience. I've worked in shipyard BrodoTrogir d.d. and small design office Water Line Ltd. I've passed through designing of fishing boats, powerboats range 20'รท78', motor yacht 54m i 73m, midship section of trimaran 50m, I've done stability booklet and damage stability calculation in NAPA for chemical tanker 187m, I have NAPA certificate for hull fairing. I would like to get opportunity for change and for spreading of my working and life experience outside Croatia.
    I've posted my CV and portfolio.

Attached Files:

2. Kiwi in ghana

Kiwi in ghana Junior Member

Hi My log on is Kiwi in Ghana , I have a project over here for a crew boat converstion. The vessel is based at our fishing lodge in Miemia beach . I am looking for the services of a naval engineer to draught up and quaity survay this vessel.
    Not sure if you would be interested in thsi sort of thing, if so feel free to e mail on Milltrac@yahoo.com

Cheers

KIG

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Kiwi

Would you like to post details of the design/data etc...for others to see?

4. Kiwi in ghana

Kiwi in ghana Junior Member

Ekua V project

Hi

Basically do not have a lot of plans or pics . Pretty much an early 1970 's style crew boat . Intention is to try and convert to something similar to a vessel by Cortenzo yacht yard , early 1930 style .
    We do a bit of whale watching and fishing from our lodge so I would operate her in conguction with this business .
    When I get in the office will get the pics and post on here , someone may know of another refit . I had contact with soem guys in the states who were underway with a nice converstion on a sister ship

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Kiwi ig

What you are proposing will not be cheap. I have no idea what size your boat is, but, it wont be cheap..and once you have looked at getting proper certification, rules, reg's etc for carrying passengers etc, ....oh did i not say, it wont be cheap!

This is not to scare you, but this is not a backyard weekend job. But requires professional approach and such, will cost money in the services of a naval architect and those doing the outfitting and the client, you, to pay for the outfitting/changes. It wont be cheap...but cheaper than starting from scratch, if done properly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.