Naval Architect (experienced in yacht design & construction) Looking for a Position

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by burak.acar, Jun 5, 2006.

1. burak.acar

burak.acar Junior Member

I am a naval architect and also have MSc degree. I have graduated from Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Naval Arch. and Ocean Eng., Turkey, in 1998. I also worked at the University of New Orleans as a research engineer in 2001. During the project being carried out at University of New Orleans, we have implemented "Six Sigma" systems to increase the productivity and the effectiveness of the production phases at Avondale Shipyard with Dr. Bahadir Inozu. At the moment I work at a yacht design company in Turkey as a partner of the company. I use AutoCAD and Rhino Softwares for design and 3D modelling and I use other related softwares for engineering calculations.

I have been making custom designs and also we are giving coslutnacy services at the shipyards during the construction phase of our designs. We make designs according to the rules of classification socities, so I am familiar with the rules.

In order to see my works, please visit http://www.poseidonltd.com web address. The company has two departments. I am the head of the naval department. All the works presented on the web-site belong to me.

I have also menagarial experience. Between 2002 and 2005 I have been the president of the Chamber of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers of Turkey, Izmir Branch. During this time I also gave consultancy servises at the shipyards in design and production phases.

Attached please find my resume

Me and my wife are planning to live and continue our career abroad.

I have more than 8 years experience in ship design and building phases.

I kindly ask for your advice on finding any job opportunities to apply in. Can you please help me?

For further information please contact me.

Thanks and regards;

Burak Acar

Attached Files: