Naval Architect, Boat Engineering, USCG

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Guest, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

NAVAL ARCHITECT
    Salary Range: $58,070.00 - 75,492.00, ANNUAL
    Series & Grade: GS-0871-12/12
    Open Period ends: Jul 9, 2003

Hiring Agency: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
    U. S. Coast Guard

Who May Apply: Open to Everyone
    Position Information: Full Time, Term appt, Not to Exceed 4 yrs
    Duty Locations: 1 vacancies Baltimore, MD

Announcement Number: 03-1053-NEJF-D1

Information/application on line at:

http://jsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/summary.asp?OPMControl=TY0575

Notes: This position is located at the U.S. Coast Guard's Engineering Logistics Center, Equipment Management Division, Boat Engineering Branch, located in Baltimore, MD. The Boat Engineering Branch is responsible for initiation, development and review of all design work for new construction, modernization, overhaul, conversion, maintenance, repair and alterations of standard boats and cutters up to 120 feet in length. The incumbent serves as a Naval Architect for the Response Boat Medium (RB-M) Project.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

This sounds interesting but the indicated link to your website is not making any connection

3. virginiya

virginiya Junior Member

Dear Sirs,

From the web site I learned about your need of Naval Architects. I am Master Degree in Naval Architect and this position is exactly the kind of opportunity that I have been waiting for.
    For my a degree I have six- month work placement in Rouse-Shipyard. There I make various of ship design, hull form calculation and optimization, perform resistance and powering estimates, weight and moment calculations, stability analysis of revere ship for Bulk cargo and TEU. And three month work experience assigned to Constructor, in the same Company.
    I am eager to move into an company where I would have wider scope for my abilities and qualification and I wish to improve my career prospects. My English and German - working knowledge.Software: AUTOCAD, MathCAD, MS Office;others: AUTOSHIP, AUTOHYDRO, POSEIDON.
    To my regret in my country the Shipbuilding is very down from some years and for the young people is very difficult to find and apply job, so I thing you will understand my Interest in your company. I know that I have not enough years experience, but I am sure that my educational background qualifies me for a post.
    Nothing would interest me more than being involved in a new department and participating in its expansion. I am ambitious and hard working person so the long hours and high rewards are exactly what I am looking for.
    Enclosed is a copy of my resume, which more fully details my qualifications for the position.I am available at any time and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Sincerely,
    Virginiya Kiryakova

4. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Note that the various USCG positions listed have closed so that the sites are no longer available.

To those of you who did apply, thank you.

Please note that other positions with the U.S. federal government open frequently and are generally listed on the official US government job site, www.usajobs.opm.gov

Naval Architecture is series 0871, mechanical engineering is 0830 and general engineering is 0801.