Rib Hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sdiver0, Feb 28, 2009.

1. sdiver0

sdiver0 New Member

Hi im new to the site so hello all, im looking in to building a 8m rib with inboard engine (first build) does anyone have any sizes for the hull and tube I used to have a 6m delta and it was a very nice rib so looking along same lines this is just a project for me and my son to build. Also can you hire hull moulds ect any help would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Shaun.

2. Jarrod

Jarrod Marine Designer

Welcome Shaun,

You will find a lot of helpful people on this site.

In terms of the tube size, your looking at approx. 0.4 -0.5m diameter (tapering at bow & stern). Hull beam/width will probably be determined by the trailer regulations (presuming you will be trailering it)........

We've recently redesigned the Cougar R9 (Cougar Marine New Zealand, under license to the UK company), with a new bimini top, see www.amorousmarine.com/portfolio.php?boatId=54

Do you have any further requirements...... Are you looking for a centre console arrangement?

3. sdiver0

sdiver0 New Member

Hi Jarred and thanks for your replay yes I could bo going with the centre console arrangement.

Thanks

Shaun

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.