Nasa says no global warming

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rasorinc, Jul 28, 2011.

1. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

global warming and climate change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just read this on the news on line--was unable to cut and paste it.
    Nasa study refutes UN and other data on their study data and models as a ten + year Nasa study shows heat released by CO-2 is ejected into space
    and is not held in the atmosphere as models all represent. Headline was "Nasa blows a big hole in the global warming theories"

Anyone finding more about this please post it here. Thanks, Stan Further it said that "NASA says we will not experience global warming now or in the future".........................................WOW and another WOW... What say HOYT? What say Boston?

1 person likes this.
  2. GTS225

GTS225 Junior Member

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Good for you rasorinc. Beat back the alarmists' dogma.

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Thank you for posting the 2 links above. I want to read all and everything about this. This should be headlines and should be all over the news..................

5. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Don't hold your breath- viral "news" all over the net with no citation of the study or how it relates to the state of the science.

1 person likes this.
  6. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

If this holds true a GIANT FRAUD has been perpetuated on THE WORLD'S PEOPLES. Nasa's reputation is on the line and I do not think they would want to hurt their reputation. Other than the fake man on the moon thing. ha

7. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Would, please, someone find the actual Nasa published study and post it? I would be very thankful to be able to read it. Thanks, Stan

8. hoytedow

9. bntii

bntii Senior Member

10. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

First off this wasn't a study released by NASA it was published in a poorly repected journal by a scientist that is not particularly credible due to his questionable methodology. In addition he is one of the few outspoken deniers of climate change (though this alone doesn't bring his results into question). However the fact that his study misrepresents, and distorts realities, and the climate model he used was modified by him to show discrepancies raises serious issues about the credibility of his work.

At the end of the day this boils down to all of us having to make arguments from authority because to my knowledge none of us are climate scientists, and the overwhelming stance of the scientific community is that global warming is happening, anthropomorphic causes are driving it, and co2 emissions are a major culprit. Denying those facts puts you at odds with the vast majority of scientists who work in the field.

11. hoytedow

You mean he(Spencer) is not held credible because he disagrees with you.
    Huntsville was the new home of Werner Von Braun, so what's your beef with Huntsville. Many smart people live there.
    Do you have the meteorological credentials to stand up to those held by Dr. Roy Spencer?
    And New Orleans is better? Huntsville would have used their buses to evacuate during Katrina rather than turn them into monuments to inundated rust.

12. Deering

Deering Senior Member

13. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

No Spencer isn't credible because his methodology is flawed. His process is flawed, and his paper was published in a low rent poorly respected journal.

I am not sure what anyone's city has to do with this conversation. But if Huntsville Has hurricane flooding problem then I am pretty sure global warming will be beyond doubt at that point.

Hmm let's see some other highly doubtful scientific theories...

Evolution
    Heliocentric solar system
    The earth is round
    Radioactive decay modeling and dating

14. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Not the city- UAH is where Spencer has his chop shop...

15. bntii

bntii Senior Member

While we are mulling this over....

The whole mess never left me quite so impressed as I am with this single graph:

[​IMG]

It tells to my eye a remarkable story.
    And succinctly foils many arguments.

If anyone knows where it was first published, I would be indebted..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.