Nanni diesel hybrid propulsion.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by nguest2232012, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Hello everybody, i am a R&D engineer at Nanni Industries. I have designed and am developing the current intercalated hybrid propulsion system based on Iskra electronics. In particular, my job is to develop the mechanical and electrical marine power transmissions of our engines.
    Feel free to ask any questions or comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  2. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I tried to fimd the information on your website, but couldn't locate it (except in French). I am curious what you mean by a diesel hybrid engine however?

3. Hi stumble, the website is in english aswell, click on the little flag on top of the homepage.
    Here is a presentation in english.

4. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"I have designed and am developing the current intercalated hybrid propulsion system based on Iskra electronics."

WHY?

What is expected of this exercise (besides a great battery charger) that is not more efficient with a standard transmission , with under 3% power loss?

FF

5. larry larisky

larry larisky Previous Member

i always thought research and development are quite secretive for obvious reason.
    been more serious, what the price?

6. Why? because it is my job.
    The advantages of our hybrid propulsion are more than one.
    First of all, my company aims to reduce emissions and respect the environment. Navigation in ports, reserves and natural areas assume a totally new dimension with the soundless and smokeless electric drive. Together with the intercalated motor we have chosen a new family of engines with common rail injection and EGR valve basd on recent Toyota and VM motori units. These are the less polluting diesels on the market nowadays.
    Another advantage is safety, the electric motor can work as emergency propulsion in case of the diesel failure, or lack of fuel.
    Overall autonomy is increased by 30%.

The recharging of the batteries is provided by the motor itself, when the diesel is turning the motor acts as a generator and recharges the battery, other than providing a source of either 12, 24, or 220 volts for the accessories.

7. larry larisky

larry larisky Previous Member

it sound what every manufacturer wrote in glossy brochure.
    price please?

8. It is, in fact i am not going to show internal parts of it.
    Price depends on many factors: country, taxes, accessoty choice etc. Tell me where are you located and i will address you to the nearest dealer.
    I am a technician and i don't sell anything, the company has a world wide distribution network that refers to us, so if you are really interested to buy the system you can ask me anything you want as long as it is tech.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  9. Those are facts.

10. For anybody interested i have designed different versions of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  11. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Hello, I would like to hear more about the following two claims:
    Could you please explain how did you obtain these goals with your solution. A numerical example would be useful to better comprehend the state of things.
    Thanks

12. Hi daiquiri, thank you for asking.
    The numbers are pretty much outlined in the PDF file i have posted.
    Regarding the environment, in view of the forthcoming unification of the emission standards, like in the automotive sector, that will prohibit the navigation of two stroke, carburetted four stroke and mechanical injection engines in most of the protected areas, we have adopted common rail multiphased electronic injection units that respect euro 5 and EPA 3a standards.
    The electric propulsion is a zero emission device. The system is electronically controlled and recharges the batteries mainly during passive phases of the diesel such as deceleration mode and inertial forces of the rotating masses that disengage from the engine flywheel, or propeller drag in case of sail drive applications, to minimize the electromagnetic charge on the diesel.
    Diesel propulsion can be started at any speed, it is possible to accelerate up to 7 knots in electric mode and then switch to diesel, in order to skip the max torque request and polluting phase of the engine.
    The autonomy increase is simple, once you have emptied the tank you still have an additional average of 14 hours of navigation in electric mode, depending on the speed.

13. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Hi Nanni
    If the unification of emission standards is coming I would be very surprised if it was based on technology rather than a emission specification as you have mentioned.
    I know of no country in the world to ban a technology only an emission level
    Regards

14. apex1

apex1 Guest

Enough,

it is enough, really. We have heard all these claims one thousand times before. It was all plain drivel, cheating, comparing apples and ananas, and the like.
    Siemens failed in this field, who is Nanni?
    A French company marinizing foreign engines. (of course, who would touch a French Marine Diesel) Their products are not the worst in the field, but far from the best. So, now they have the same idea others had ages ago, and then?

Let them receive what they deserve, our warmest discount!

Regards
    Richard

15. You are techically correct but the emissions are dramatically related to the engine technology. In some plases such as lakes and rivers the two stroke engines are explicitly banned.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.