Power Foiler for the People

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Chris Ostlind, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Since there's been so much goofy hype about foiling monohulls on these pages, I thought it only propoer to drop a few photos and a link to the Rinspeed Splash foiler out of Switzerland circa 2004. http://www.rinspeed.com/pages/content/frames_e.htm

I couldn't find any price for the vehicle, but after looking around on the pages at their site, it's clear it wouldn't be cheap. It will get you babes and it will get you a choice parking spot at any Metrosexual club in North America.

The People's Foiler concept gone to its logical, ridiculously expensive conclusion. And no, much to Doug's chagrin, I don't believe it's a Moth derivative, though it is capable of 80 KMH (43 knots) on the water in the foiling mode.

Have fun at the Rinspeed site. They have some wild stuff there.

Chris Ostlind

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.