My rowboat so far

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by determined_ange, Jul 9, 2007.

1. determined_ange

determined_ange Junior Member

Ok here are some of some of my pics as promised. Sorry I took so long but I've been pretty busy and more problems have risen than I expected. I have everything ready and just need to be attached.

I would finish today but I've run into a small dilemma. Attaching the extra 3 feet to the 8 feet long sides has proven to be harder than just simply applying a butt block. As you can see in the photo the two butt blocks are already attached to the right side, but once I attach the 3' board on the other side, bending becomes a problem. As soon as I start to bend those last few feet the joint starts to crack nearly comes apart. Any ideas as to how I can do this?

Also, I don't think you can tell by the photo too well but when I curved the sides instead of bending into one smooth curve it bent into this wavy shape. I'm hoping that once I install the chines it will form the smooth curve I'm looking for.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.