My outboard is spraying water at me

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by stonedpirate, Nov 21, 2014.

1. stonedpirate

stonedpirate Senior Member

"You should have tried that first. I apologise for not asking that first. "

I did try this with the stock setup. I moved it to the next hole up and the back spray started filling the boat with water.

It is an angled transom.

And i do believe that this transom was designed to go with the medium shaft cheap vortex outboard to create an affordable entry level package.

The suzukis etc are doable but the 21.7" yamaha just pushed it over the edge.

The only true way to fix it would be to weld on a transom extension. For now my bolts seem solid and the correct height so will just live with it for now.

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

See how it goes in chop or with passenger's. If its still ok thats good.

3. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Great,I'd suggest keeping an eye out for cracks around the bolts.

A motivated thief could have those bolts off in a couple minutes-perhaps weld a piece of hi tensile steel bar across those bolts.

If you ever need to take it off,a couple minutes with the cutting wheel will do.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.