1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

That does not work in Linux.... I have some software that may fix the image size - on the weekend - when I am not building.... Soooooo be patient

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Mas i got a el-cheapo

Samsung Digimax A40 camera

AND A TRIPOD

i found that i could get better shots in low light without flash but then you must have a tripod
    the camera is basically always handy on the tripod
    they also come with easy to use software cd
    1 gb memory cards and away you go:idea:

3. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe will use my pocket camera tomorrow, just for you, and to be able to post some pics...:D:D:D - Kit arrives tomorrow ATL with a truckload & Bob with the trailer from ATL then we are off.... Hulls should be joined (bums "dipped in chocolate" anti-foul first), all before July - What a challenge Bob & Sam have set.... - It will look like a boat and will float if it floods, just so long as no rain gets inside as the innersides will not be finished....

Future videoing in HD will see me using a tripod too - is it age or what? videos were not steady - Oh well RTFM also applies:D:D:D

4. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Masalai, you don't need to compromise on photo or video quality to upload them. Use http://www.flickr.com for your photos and http://www.youtube.com for your videos. Both are free and you don't need Windows. (I'm a Linux person too). Both are really easy to use - just create an account and follow the instructions. Maximum video size is 1GB on youtube and maximum photo size is 10MB.

Once the videos and photos are up there, you can link to them here. Here's an example.

Photo:

[​IMG]

Video:

5. masalai

masalai masalai

This is the empty shed bay, what was in it and now is outside - a new baby - none the worse from having wiped its coppery bum all the way out onto the grass outside - would any other boat handle those stresses with grace, dignity and no damage, but an Oram cat - built strong.... and light. - - - She has a single centreboard casing, with one of 2 boards made, (make a pair, have a spare) resting on the table in the foreground. I am told that if the builder wishes to sell (eventually) its next owner is commited already.. That is the level of quality and structural integrity in a designer supervised build... Good on you Bob... and congratulations to the new owner-builders, a beautiful job... - their second build of an Oram design...

Attached Files:

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Is that a jack Russel attacking you there? Anyway your both about to go tumbling into the bilges the way those ladders are set up.

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Jeez this is

Way cool man!

from your fan in deepest darkest

go man go :D

8. masalai

masalai masalai

That is "the Scrumble Project" in Darwin, get real the materials arrive tomorrow and I cannot get a forklift that can offload the 1.1 ton heaviest pallet... Don't panic - Don't panic....

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Break open the pallet and unload in bits you can handle.

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

11. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Sadly, no there are not any Oram forums, not for lack of trying though. Most Oram builders are shy or something. Why do you think I got so excited about masalai promising to document his project on line?;)

The Easy forum you mentioned does have an active Oram member - username 44c. Click here for pictures and info.

12. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

yeah i got that one :D

oh well at least Mas knows me well enough by now not ot take it too personally when i bug him constantly :D

13. masalai

masalai masalai

hehehe That,s OK:D:D:D - - 15 minutes later - - - - - What do you want Manie - you have the Scrumble Project, Mr 44C, "The Coastal Passage" and masalai all building Orams - bloody hell man do I have to hold your hand and wipe your nose too:D:D:D:D

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

We wont be hearing from mas after tomorrow his 1 ton pallets come. So he will be busy gluing a boat together.

Ille see you guys at the Wonder bar then, 8pm? feb 14th 2010.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.