1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Don't be too hasty yet Manie. Once he gets off the stock market and onto the boat I think he is going to drive us nuts :D

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Well, sold 20 oz of gold, the order will be delivered on 22th or 30th (weather & other things permitting)... I think - must pay the balance of account to ATL, and for Manie, checking my email form..... wait for it..... Wait... - ahhh here it is - - - 65 panels 13mm with 800gm biaxial on both sides - rest, - - - 23 panels of 19mm with 1000gm quadraxial both sides - decks, - - - 8 panels of 10mm with 400gm biaxial both sides - fit-out. plus the narrow flat bottom is additionally reinforced... all pre cut and ready to join into long sheets (length of the boat) ready to nib out and assemble....

I like this - a bit like tom sawyer getting the fence painted - 5 pages and I havn't started yet:D:D:D

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Printing press for money or the press to assist in joining all the panels? - well - I do not have a tow-ball, so I am hoping someone going down to ATL can bring the press back (both "on-loan" presses are now on trailers)....

Uncle Ben B has the other kind of press, running flat-out printing greenbacks for the good people of USA... That will be truly worn out so I have written that one off... Not that I ever could have acquired or claimed it...

Fanie, I thought I had already been driving everyone testicular with talk of market moods and exchange rate manipulation screwing my margins in bullion trading? - Now I have to learn how to use a camera and post images.... Expect to see lots of close-ups of fingers, grass growing under/around my feet - loss of focus (sometimes I forget to switch on the auto-focus), and it does not have a manual focus either...

5. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Masalai, I hear that the shed will be vacant very soon. Things must be getting exciting. Has a date been set for the work to start?

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Yes Maam, ATL delivery is April 22 weather permitting, else April30 - - even doing stuff in my dreams, like joining the panels yesterday, and last night 'twas marking the hull centrelines and squaring it off using the, "3,4,5 rule", on the concrete floor... (I like that method of building, almost no effort to achieve lots of progress, reality will bite soon:D:D)

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

How about some pictures - we want the WHOLE history
    from empty start to the bitter end :D

and some co-ordinates :idea:

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

He he... and don't you just live for that right now :D

If you think that's cool, wait until you're about to let it to water.... and set foot on it first time. Remember to take the little rag to dust of finger prints and the likes ok ;)

9. masalai

masalai masalai

I am more mature than that Fanie, I intend to do#2's on the foredeck so NO animal or bird will have the privilege of making a mess on the boat before I do.... (I might do it aft as the deck wash is closer... and I will have to sail out beyond the illegal limit as it is an offence to let raw sewerage be disposed from a boat....)

Manie, NO - I do not want to encourage pilferers of "tyre-kickers" uninvited, but definitely some photographs:D:D:D:D

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

He he he... liar liar pants on fire ! You're going to pamper the boat at least for a while.

11. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

he he

dont mess on a new boat :D

a very cool setup that i saw was the guy had a small sea water pump connected to a normal garden tap at the back of his cat - kinda wierd to see this guy hosing his boat down all over with an abundance of water as he passed the bar into the clear "aquamarine" stuff :idea:

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Until it is built, then become a real lazy slob, sit back, relax and pontificate on the colour of lint in my navel when there is no blue cloth/clothing on the boat... Research has indicated that 90% of the heterosexual men have blue coloured lint collecting in their respective belly-buttons....

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Will your boat stand up to this treatment with no ill effect? dragged from the shed where it was built, over the grass then up the hill a bit to make space for my build! - - - - bugger the movie segments smallest is 220 and 307 MB of 1920x1080 HDTV - - so I suppose a couple of pictures will have to do... Except they are 4.17MB, 3.92MB, 3.56MB and 3.83MB so if they do not come up, you will have to imagine... :D:D:D

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh well, back to my pocket camera for the shots to show in this thread:mad: :confused: :eek:

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Eh Masalai, stop bragging about your camera's crappy resolution and download FastStone Capture (it's free so it won't impact your boat's build). You can capture the pictures on screen and save them in a smaller format to post.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.