1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Michael, why toilet paper:?: Wash ones bum - - and whilst you are alive there will be water, and sea water will neutralise what washed off almost instantly :eek: and your mascerator will not get clogged. You should never use toilet paper at sea...

Any volatility is caused by the manipulators not normal in a free and open market... One must use the cards one is dealt, discard them is also a cost...

I am doing no more than trying to understand the macro (big picture) of what is going on and printing vast quantities of money, imposing protective tariffs, trade restrictions, and other interventions to look after certain vested interests subvert true and open market operation and distortion creates unforeseen and potentially undesirable consequences...

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Entrapment is an all too common "game"... The further one gets away from urban centres, the more peaceful and pleasant life can become, but then again some services and accessories may not be available - One cannot have everything both ways unless you are a top 1% - but then you become another sort of target... :eek:

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

I dont believe your gold will have any value when zoombies rule. The whole system will collapse.

The authorities..if there are any..may even confiscate your gold to protect their rights and keep there families in power.

Food, water, aspirin, toilet paper, cigarettes will be the currency of trade.

The ability to relocate to areas with passive zombies and no authorities will be advantageous.

4. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

OK, he says, backing away slowly with one eye on the exit trying not to startle.

Now why would they do that if it is suddenly worthless?

Now while I have no doubt that barter will occur, modern man should learn the lesson that the ancients did, basically that a medium of exchange and a store of value is pretty god damn handy!

Where is that door?

Bugger me Bruce! Who the heck is expecting a scorched earth? You are further over the top that those whacky goldbugs. Jeez Louise, we are talking some monetary distress here and some international argy bargy, not quite the end of life as we know it! Get a grip! and go kiss a zombie, they are feeling a little maligned and unloved these days. Hollywood are just so irresponsible in the way that the portray them, they should pick on something really insidious like a goldbug or summin :D

5. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

6. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

It keeps better than cheese?

I prefer a fine Scotch or the like, it is deflationary in a way as its value increases with age ;)

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

No one accidentally steals a bait car. Theft is theft. She would have trapped herself by stealing but she never touched the bait. Judge was correct, after all to throw out the charge and let her go. Police were too keen for a bust.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  8. masalai

masalai masalai

I can make booze, I prefer well made rice wine brandy - A 'still' is easy to make, then there is 'toddy' - made from the nectar of the coconut infloresence - so prolific that fruit bats drink it from the tree and fall down drunk - skinned, cleaned and gutted, - into a stew pot and are absolutely delicious...

Food, water, tobacco and painkillers and lots more stuff will be available from my farm.

'Zombies', is an economic name/term sometimes favoured by libertarians for bureaucrats - "They do absolutely nothing productive, cost the community hugely in wages and perks, are the pain in the butt that say $$$ for this permit & $$$ fines for not having that permit hung on your wall", - Geeees the Hollywood kind are the figment of a drug induced mind, surely...

9. masalai

masalai masalai

10. michael pierzga

Food supply will replace Gold. You can see it now..the worlds wealthiest people are buying up farmland.

After food, practicalities like toothbrushes, eye glasses and services...people who can make things with their hands...will be priceless.

Pencils and paper might be worth hoarding.

Anything that can be traded with the ruling classes private armies in exchange for protection. A private still producing Moonshine will be a good investment

11. groper

groper Senior Member

Ive always said pictures speak louder than words.... how do you explain this mas???

[​IMG]

12. michael pierzga

I just listened to a Gold traders take on the fall and sell off. Electronic triggers set to "sell" at 1500.

The Gold traders view of the future is downward price pressure from over supply if the PIGS sell gold.

The new electronic triggers are set at 1350.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

My interpretation on the action has Goldman Sachs & JPMChase sold shorts to each other (algo trades) and the value was US$20 billion in Gold and all the commodities were equally hit Gold, Silver the rare earth's, copper and WTI oil - -

Gropers chart is just a portion of the action - - BLOODY HUGE... Then they triggered sell-off by various funds and bought up at BASEMENT BARGAIN prices... Low end of US$1300/ounce troy and I do not know what tomorrow will bring when Asian markets open after the US COMEK has a chance to play some more.... BUCKLE UP and RIDE EM COWBOY....

in the near 12 hours since the low was reached in Gold the price has recovered some US$70 dollars but a slow struggle - what will be the trend tomorrow? The Banksters must have netted BILLIONS in profits and scored billions worth of BULLION...

14. michael pierzga

15. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

500 tons of paper gold sold short in two days, that is around a years mine production. In other parts of the city it is called a drive by shooting. LOL :D

There is price then there is value, it pays to know the difference. This how guys like Buffet do what they did, buying value when price was favorable.

Come back in 12 months and tell me I am wrong.... this is excellent value.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.