1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Well, it was Leonidas who said "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ". :)

2. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

AUS gold miners?
    Maybe now they are-I haven't checked-but seeing as gold denominates in US$,when the US$ dropped vs AUS$ (AUS gained value) despite gold going up in US$,Aus gold mining profits and their values-in AUS$-plunged the last few years.

Knowing this would happen,I shorted AUS gold miners and made out like a bandit.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.globalresearch.ca/drones...he-unmanned-police-surveillance-state/5330984 - - Is big brother watching you:?:

Maybe this is what is meant re gold: http://www.gata.org/node/12449 Paper is abundant but real metal is flying out the door COMEX and Banksters use paper gold to control the price and the sheeple/suckers still think it is a "fair game":?:

Ed Steer's G&S Daily and his links http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...gold-price-manipulation-the-never-ending-game Lawrence Williams: Gold Price Manipulation – The Never Ending Game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_FSRftEFw&feature=em-uploademail

4. masalai

masalai masalai

https://www.youtube.com/PeterSchiff Gold is money that cannot be devalued by another fiat currency. That "credit-card" size piece of gold has a value around US$2500...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-s8Zck49yw

Thanks Moggy,
    Linking a couple of videos was more than I thought to 'spend'... :D :D

5. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

Yes, so? That is why you lot own guns isn't it? LOL :p

Troy, you are so wrong with that statement that you can't see right from there!

That is looking at it objectively? How?

I make my living trading gold and silver so I know a little bit about it. Very, very few people writing in the financial press actually understand the gold market, they basically repeat what the financial industry wants them to and guess what? The industry has little incentive to support the gold market, they much prefer you in products that deliver them a larger profit... be that right or wrong for your personal finances.

Troy, this is investment, not a life long marriage! My gawd man you are thinking like a damn goldbug!

For a start that particular bull run started at $35... so what actually is your point? That some idiots that bought a parabolic price spike lost some money? Yes, objective thought proccesses...hmmmmm... The fact is that if you where not sensible enough to have sold that spike and you held until the lows @ around $250 you where not that badly off now where you? Even the dopey slow witted goldbugs made out OK on that deal... but that is not what you do now is it, because, you know, its an investment, not a marriage.

It is horses for courses and this course suits gold for the foreseeable future. Gold has done its job well since this debacle became the obvious outcome to the smarter analysts in the late 90's. Nothing in the fundamentals has changed, nothing has been fixed and more importantly all government actions taken to date will do little more than insure the problem becomes larger over time. There is perhaps another 10 years left in this market and it very likely ends up with a historical reordering of the international currency paradigm. In fact that is underway now, you don't need to look very far to appreciate that.

Below is a chart of golds performance in percentage terms against stocks. It has been the single best asset for an American to hold in terms of capital gains for the last decade, yet every year I still see these inane arguments against it. Between you me and the gate post when the general media turn bullish on gold it will be time to look for a good exit! For now all we have is a normal and healthy market correction for a bull market of this duration. The next move up will surprise you.

Oh yeah, and I am no goldbug, I despise that whole mindset and delight in taking pot shots at them on the bug forums. The bugs will be right for a while, then they will be wrong when the cycle turns and they will still hold it at the next low. However mad they are, it should not dissuade a serious investor from learning about gold, especially if they hold USD.

2c

Attached Files:

• PM.png
      PM.png
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

So? You where not alone.

Are you still short? I am living and talking in the present at present values.

7. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

LOL.

I trade PRIVATELY for my own account. Trading is not DEALING, I am not a dealer, I sell nothing and I only get paid when I am right.

Just look at the chart Troy, argue with the FACT of the last 10 years. Come up with a fundamental case for why things have changed, if you can.

Kisses....

:p :D

8. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Looks like the speculative Gold bubble is fully inflated

http://[​IMG]

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

The more paper dollars are printed, the more of them it will take to purchase an ounce of gold. It is how the government embezzles the citizens' wealth.

10. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

You've got it in the bag hoytedow......been going on for decades now.
    I was middle class once, now I am lucky to eat every week.
    My super (forced by the government here) when I was working for people has gone to the dogs, now that I work for myself, there is no super of course.
    House rates, insurances, regoes etc etc take up all I earn.

11. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

It is called efficient allocation of capital, it is a large part of what makes capitalism work and is far more useful a contribution than you really understand. From your statement I guess that you can see no purpose for capital markets in any commodity? or stock? or no useful purpose served by investing in them? It is a very unsophisticated view! My god man you sound just like a Californian Liberal!

12. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

LOL.

Yes, that must be right.

13. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

Slight deflation is actually better for the working man, some of the most productive periods in US history have been slightly deflationary. Your characterization is incorrect, purchasing power increases, interest rates are low, savings constantly increase in value etc. The net works out better for most all except the banking system, they don't like it so much.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Please debate points of order elsewhere, I do not mind links to informative and useful sites to gain a greater understanding of what is happening globally in markets, but arguing who is right and who is wrong serves no really useful purpose for my cruising budget and financing/costs planning...

I must pay for fuel based on TAPIS prices and the AU$ exchange rate relating to that fuel price (no clear detectable trend yet), and I need about 600 litres to fill my tanks... - - - The WTI price has NO impact outside USA as it is solidly subsidised/manipulated for domestic consumption...

PV panels have come down in price :) and I only need another 4 x 200W unless I carry a kit to set-up and install in Melanesia... - Discount pricing on 8 panels and inverter is around Au$1450...

R. O. Watermaker capable of around 60Litres per hour is around $2500 to $7500 depending on DIY or 'brand name'...

Mast, rigging, sails & sheets remain at around Au$35000 for new components... I thought of Hemp for the sails, as it is very strong, light and durable, but the USA seems to have an adverse fetish to Marijuana (as that is in the same plant family) and is likely to be confiscated - Without hemp, sailors would not be sailors, as Hemp was the best and must durable material in the square masted clippers and all the denim jeans of the early miners and cowboys in USA were HEMP derived... - That is why the modern work-wear does not last...

These are the extras I would like, but I can live without - in modest comfort and personal safety as is... Reading how the rest of the world will behave (economically), therefore has an impact on the additional level of comfort I can muster... Who is correct and who is not - - is NOT relevant, - - as I expect all to be able to make up their own minds, and to be able to reliably use the links (in that the link contains relevant, useful and well thought out analysis of the local scene or international reports), - that ALL may care to post, and to help readers to decide for themselves what course to pursue... - - - an aggregation of useful and reliable global macroeconomic information please...

15. Moggy

Moggy Senior Member

You spoil my fun Mas :-(....

OK.... I'm off :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.