1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Mannie there is nothing wrong with you ,--I declare you perfectly sane and especially suitable to touring Thailand.

Kids will be kids, soak up loads of money that could have been spent on fibre glass resin then go and get pregnant or get some one else pregnant and end up working for Mc Donalds.

I carefully stear my ship away from rocks but then Im not a nice man.

I got married once and never will again.

I am one selfish mean SOB and I am here for one reason and one reason only. This is not a rehearsal.

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Frosty i like that Thailand idea :D

go over there and tear the arse out of it

let my kinky side loose (jump left - remember:p sorry right :p

no dont worry i have packed the frankenfurter **** away

i want to try that all night headboard stuff that you were talking about :idea:

but for now here is something cool calm and very relaxed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wzk0wHfjog&feature=related

remember i want two of them
    normal
    no funny bunny ****

:D :D :D :D :D

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

4. masalai

masalai masalai

As The Honourable Sir Frosty said, Perfectly normal behaviour:D:D:D:D - welcome to a 'mature development' stage in your live - all to often denied of other mere-mortals....

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Okay okay
    i have already got tears in my eyes
    rather nice to know that i am not completely marbles :D

aneeeewaaaay

i have been at it AGAIN

Firstly thanks Mas and Tom and Judy for guidance

please have a look and see if you can read the PDF files, and if you hover over the "links" if the little message window works

http://compaxboats.wordpress.com/

Mas this is fun and a very interesting learning curve for an old fart like me,
    lots of things to choose from and you can certainly do that "Creative" thing

AND i am ahead of the "brightspark children" for a change
    my 18 year old daughter actually passed it for very good

now Mas i need yours to post on my links column :D

6. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Manie, that is brilliant - I'm impressed!

I've added a link on Scrumble Project to your blog and subscribed to your RSS blog feed. So you'd better keep providing updates ;)

The pdf links work, and hovering over the links does cause the description to appear. I like ours!

Just one thing to consider: if you are going to have a lot of photos, you may fill your 3GB quota on Wordpress fairly quickly. In this case I would recommend using another photo hosting site (eg Flickr which is by far the best in my opinion) for your photos. It is an easy process to link to the photos from your Wordpress blog, once you figure it out - even Tom now does it well.

I don't know about you, but I find very annoying the preview window that pops up when you hover over a link in your posts. This is turned on by default in Wordpress. You can disable it by going into your Wordpress Dashboard, selecting Appearance in the left hand side menu, then Extras. Then uncheck the box next to "Enable mShots site previews on this blog" and click the update button.

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Judy you are a star

thanks

done

jeez very cool to get expert guidance:D

am looking into Flikr

8. Scrumble

Scrumble Oram 46'C MS Builder

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Hot Dogs Manie, Is this a career change as well as a life changing thing? Good on you, Now I feel a bit embarrassed with my thing on boatdesign.net - but this place sort of feels like home to me - brain-farts are few and far between.... old age onset issues:D:D:D

Where do you want the link, to the first page or at the newest post? - the newest post is where you go if you click the link at my "signature area" of any post of mine...

Are you going to "commercially" produce boats for the saffa market? - bloody good idea... Neil (who is building his 6th 44C up on the Sunshine Coast Qld.) has done something similar to build the current one for himself - paid for by the other 5 boats he built....

10. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Well Well...

Hello...

Masi - you must post a launch date - plus or minus 6 months...:)

Nice to see a real build - versus eye candy - now and again...

All the best...

SH.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Wonders of technology somewhere around April 2010?.... - and the suggested "plus or minus..." applies:D

Yesterdays images, and some of another boats fitting system for solar panels - neat & elegant...

Attached Files:

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Now, Today I went on an excursion to test the Torqeedo 4.0-R electric outboard and on a largish tri, 925w gave us 3.8knots, 2000w for 4.5knots and 4000w gave about 6knots (adjusted for still water no wind equivalent) pushing an estimated weight nearer to 4,000kg than 3,500kg.... so all in all quite impressive...

The first 2 are what was done today, thence the Torqeedo in position, the veteran sailors discussing stuff after the motoring test and a visitor on the bow...

Attached Files:

13. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

The Torqeedo drives are very interesting.
    I love the idea of silent motoring, especially early in the morning after a good nights sleep in a remote harbour. I have seen the guys do it with trolling motors here on the dam.

have you got the dream team right to the end?
    are they also doing the finishings etc.?

wishfull thinking :D

More wishfull thinking :D

The sad part about it is that our market is so small that for all practical purposes it actually doesn't exist.
    However what i am hoping for is to foster "some" interest and with a bit of luck create a "boat building ring" of "backyard boat builders" My assistance where and when possible comes at the handsome price of a "beer and barbeque"
    The average guy cant CAD (never mind FreeShip/development and and) so i will gladly help because i do these things kinda easy?/ok? I draw CAD for a hobby -no rendering!
    Accuracy saves time and materials.
    This has clearly been illustrated by this very thread that we are on " My little piece of peace" - CAD panels is what i preach day and night
    Here in the deepest darkest africa if you loft accurately from cad, you can end up with a first class end result.

done

and your build looks gooooood

14. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

SOLAR Panels ! It looked like a radiator to me. It's probably good that it's a solar panel instead of a radiator :D

Mas, stop moving stuff around and taking the same pictures just from different angles. Come on, it's a once of effort. Finish the little boat now once and for all and get it over wif, will you ?

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh dear, Fanie,,, blind with jealousy?, they are all different - bog added, torture boarding done, more bog & stuff added more sanding... Man, some things need a bit of curing too... The progress made is as fast as can be made - - gimme a little break will ya? :D:D:D:D:D...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.