1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi-Ho Silver, Where is "Tonto" and his horse ? Me no savvy Limo Sabi...

Hi SR,
    NFA is not my worry it is NFM -M for Money. . . . A for Assets I have in the boat "CNO" which as is everything in this world that I own, - - for sale at the right price... Which in my case is 23 pieces of gold each 9999 pure and weighing at 10 oz troy each... With the boat fueled up or as it is at the time of transfer of assets... Who is NFA ? ? ?

2. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

Gooday 'tonto' aka 'masa' he he . I figured 23 x 9999 @ 10oz was something like $349K AUD - which I just don't have. Sorry or I'd be down there - tire-kicking - or your shins.

N-F-A = No Fixed Address - the catamaran - the daggy sailing one in 1 of your photo's - Great yacht & in its day - rather quick - think someone added to much - fit-out weight to it though - darn shame - don't have the money either way & I'm still trying to sell the farm - so to speak.

Just under $1K AUD - to go before your fuel tanks are full - ouch & all the rest of the - get-ready to go expenses - - WOW - life is not cheap - eh ! !

Good luck, ciao, jj

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Ahem, Au$1.42/litre for diesel and 24 x 20 litre containers to go 480 litres x 1.42 = Au$681.xx - not 1000 - you trying to scare me? - - - - - Then I will have bloody close to 1155litres or just under a tonne of fuel... How much is fuel at a servo? up Cairns way? - - - ULP - Same as Unleaded Gas in USA and Sans Plomb in Europe - is about Au!1.33 + of recent times around Caboolture...

4. Silver Raven

Gooday 'masa-tonto' - NO - wasn't trying to scare you - I just punted @ $1.55 a ltr x's 500 ltrs & got $775 & then rounded up. As anything that floats - - always costs many times more plus more again - that's just the way boats are.

Same subject - different hat - - the last time I was going sailing for a few weeks - a cruise for 2 - up north towards Lizard Is. - I got back to the boat short much more money than I had counted on - so I always - think - $'s plus more $'s plus - well you know how it is - I'm sure.

Seems that @ a $1.42/ltr - that you've got a good price. Thant's a bonus - of sorts. Now all you'll have to do is - find the most economical boat speed for cost over the ground @ the least fuel $'s spent. That'll keep you mind occupied for some time - to be sure. Good travelling & much fish & least costs. ciao, james

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Whilst the weather is good and there is a line over the stern one engine will push us at 4 to 6 knots easily. - 6 knots is 3 litres/hour = 2 NMiles/litre... or better than 2300 NMiles - - Pushing a headwind I would run 2 engines at 3000rpm which would give 10knots in "no wind, flat seas" type conditions...

10 knots would be the choice on some legs around Gladstone detour and same again around Shoalwater Bay and getting near Townsville... as I do not envisage travelling at night and prefer to settle early enough to cook and clean up before dusk settles...

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I deleted almost your entire post to emphasize whats left.

Absa fking lutely. get that hook right in --you never know what the night will bring. being single handed means you do'nt want to do things twice and keep away from rocks N stuff.

Always prepare for the worst night youve ever had because one day you will be right.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi All,
    Some stuff posted over on "Random Picture Thread"

I relaunch on 22nd of this month (Next Wednesday) - - to head North. . . - - next major stop-over is to be Cairns in about a month ? ? ? depending on weather, jobs, exploring and whatever...

I did not fill the 25 new 20 litre drums nor the 7 or so 25 litre drums but have some 625litres plus stowed with fuel midships (port & stbd - - at 6 litres/hour at 10 knots, enough for some 1000N Miles)... Pension comes through on 22nd Aug, so depends on transport, time and delays ? ? ? ? if I get to load the additional 675 litres. . . . . . .

Got one of the oil filters off, went and had some food and could not bend double to get inside the second engine bay to change (loosen) the oil filter there... Also, - of the newly removed, cleaned, reassembled and refilled water drums - one is LEAKING slowly and steadily drip, drip, drip, - BUGGER........... about 5 litres overnight... so must empty, remove to access leaking connection, replace and refill . . . . . BBUUGGEERR

So two jobs for the weekend FIX the water supply, ADD to the water supply... - in-case - - ... Remove and replace the remaining oil filter BEFORE eating... RE-STOW STUFF so things are stored where they should be...

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

9. masalai

masalai masalai

10. Silver Raven

Gooday 'masa-tonto' - Re - Random's - in general - - seems our posts did - pass in the night - so to speak. I didn't see yours until I got back from hosp. & I'd already sent mine to you - - Oooops - sorry & bugger.

R-P-T - # 0996 - down creek - that's a solid, capable looking vessel in the middle of the pic. ???

The # 0993 - looks like a nice cat - how long ??? - haven't won the lotto yet but 'N-F-A' would be nice - but @ 1/4 mil plus - is not in my pocket & Dr says not now in any case - all them's are boooger's also. I sure hope you get enough fuel at the good priceses down there - as I think they get a tad dear as you go north. Great pics & thanks for sharing. Keeps my spirits up. ciao, james

1 person likes this.
  11. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.moneymorning.com.au/2012...om-the-currency-war-for-aussie-investors.html Yes but when?

For Hi Silver, as MoneyMorning-weekend.pdf below/attached :D - something to read in bed.... :eek: and some likely stops on the way - - Bugger, what file format do I use in/from Google-Earth to share points of interest along the route for me from Brisbane to Cairns? - - - - 0993 is around 38/40 ft maybe longer... I really did not pay much heed - just "happy snapping"... - - - Hope you are fully recovered by the time I get there and we may go for a quiet explore locally... - - - I am becoming worried, as my memory is failing every so often - maybe all too often nowadays... - - - I may end up hiding in a local home for the poor and aged with some mental incompetence... It seems that, 'remembering to do things' is my worry as there are not many chances to get away with "forgetting"... on a boat...

Oh well Life has been very sweet and full of adventures... I would love that one bug challenge to rejuvinate and redevelop a 1000 or so acres of coconuts and extract the oil on the plantation along with inter-planting with other tree crops, and other stuff... Even with difficult stage in forgetfulness I still retain the knowledge and experience I have attained and acquired over the years - working as a sort of "pro bono publico consultant" as I do not really care to amass money and my needs are simple...

Attached Files:

12. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Hello Mas - better get those tanks filled and grab the next weather window.
    Here by us we went from the most snow this country has ever seen to full blown dry hot summer desert conditions in under 10 days.
    And now the next hurricane is ALREADY headed to New Orleans.
    You must go and enjoy your trips and the boat ASAP

Cheers and holding thumbs for you.

13. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It isn't a hurricane yet but it may be by the end of the day. Today I go fill my tanks. The weather window here was shut tightly yesterday due to winds and rain.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think hes already gone --rent was finished 22nd. He will be in Darin or like.

15. groper

groper Senior Member

Mas, give us a yell when you arrive in Cairns, ill come down the marina and say gday :)

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.