1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Though I suspect they mean 45lb, which would be marginal IMHO

2. masalai

masalai masalai

45kg, + 15 to 20 m of heavy chain in about 2 to 3M of water at most, - but no one suggested that the bottom was "coffee rock" which offers a "holding capacity akin to Teflon on a frying pan... Anyhow, the contact - if any must have been more gentle than lovers lightly caressing each others lips... as a close inspection could not find any marks - not even any 'lip-gloss' smeared...

ALL IS WELL, That ends well... Phew....

The anchor bit into some mud near the river bank... Perched one side in about 1ft and the other, not quite floating... No dramas as it is designed to sit on the bottom comfortably ... and so protecting the sail-drive-legs...

3. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Really?
    99lb's is a lot of pick for that boat, you'd think weight alone would have kept you secure

Good to hear.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

I cannot lift it and I can lift 2 x 25 litre containers of fuel, but they have convenient handles... and almost weigh the same... (50 x .81 + a couple of kg for the containers...)

I upgraded my OS to Linux Mint 11 - (katya)... The email thing, 'pigbond' is refusing to accept the access password, yet on the browser, (Firefox), I can get my webmail no problems, but that system is really messy and comparatively convoluted.... Mint is getting better and better at each evolution... In about 3 or 4 more iterations I expect that it will almost be ably to reply for me and do the backup/restore parts automatically :D :D :D :eek:

"LibreOffice" boasts of being able to read and write in most "microsoft formats" as well as *.pdf and the OpenOrg standards... It uses a journal type file-system - I use ext4 that is quite robust and does NOT need to be de-fragmented... and to non-commercial users, it is totally free...................

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Too bloody big.

Its a 45 ilb

6. masalai

masalai masalai

I can easily lift 45 pounds :eek:

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yor little windlas wont lift 90 ilb and chain.

Is that why you dont set the anchor becaue you cant get it out again.

I always set the anchor, even if Im an board. I pull hard back with 500HP.

And, if im going to leave it I will pull hard for 30 seconds and take a transit with a tree.
    The water around me is frothy white when I shut dowen engines,--its a 45ilb.

Just sayin

8. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I just nipped back to the picture of the white out containing the windlas. Looks like the anchor is not parked , its swinging about underneath some where, I think I might just be able to make out the shackle. I guess theres a swivel after that, im not a swivel fan. Its definately the weakest link. Oh and please dont talk stainless swivels.

10. Alan.M

Alan.M Junior Member

Can you list these 4 methods please?

11. Alan.M

Alan.M Junior Member

Have to say, two words came to mind.

Masking tape.

12. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Electric start
    Pull start
    Sling start
    Push start

Obvious isn't it ?

Hail Raymarine ?

Did I win anything :D

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

You should make your own swivels. I make mine using a big bolt and nut and two nuts that slides over the bolt.

Use two big u-bolts that just fit over the big nuts and weld then together
    The bolt and nut also gets welded together.

Overkill's the word. If the chain twists up it's going to break... easy.
    Mooring Swivel

The one in the picture is for fesh water, it gets hot dip galvanized.

Attached Files:

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No comment.

15. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

No comment.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.