1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Your coast guard inspectors,--look it up--ille bet you that you find it.

But if you cant ille find it for you, and then I will accept an apology.

2. IMP-ish

IMP-ish powerboater

Frosty, I objected to your put-down:
    Show me the reason for the USCG regulation is that "in the usa they are sooo dumb they coud leave it on and flood" and I will apologize. I lean towards more stringent environmental regulations and legal concerns.

Sorry to masalai. I will not go further off-topic. Sorry.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If people could switch on the fuel scrubber then carelessly dump it into the Marina --well what can I say -- I still contend that that would be real dumb but it is not I that expects an American to do that but your Coast Guard expects it. I guess they know American better than I.

Outside of America it is quite legal, done with care --of course, as everything on a machine should be.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

And this thread I try to keep, as much as possible to the history of the build of my boat and the travels and events relating to "the boat known as "CNO""...

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Well the promised rain fizzled out with barely a spit and a lots of reported Virga...

(Virga is any form or precipitation that doesn't reach the ground. There could be rain virga or snow virga. - - Read more: http://wiki.answers.com - - Q/What_is_the_scientific_name_when_rain_evaporates_before_touching_the_ground )

6. masalai

masalai masalai

7. masalai

masalai masalai

It is bloody raining, so I am reading...... (or at least trying to but emails keep popping up that "demand attention" - cel-phone is TURNED OFF, Radio is turned OFF, TV has a brick through it...

Boat goes on 'the hard' on 19th to replace propellers and do a bit of checking - I am reducing interest in 'denialists', gorilla's bureaucrats, those suffering p3n1s envy, and sundry other ailments as a lost cause - to put it bluntly 'go suck eggshells, as that is all you will get soon'.... and preparing for my own future chasing tropical breezes, all is almost sorted...

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

My little piece of peace will be recieving my attention in the next few days. Pattaya is a bustling city not the quite fishing village I came to 22 years ago. I can hear road traffic as I type.

I am vexed, I dont know where to live --I dont want to live here or there but there seems better now but here will seem better in a month or so.

I intend to do my bows on this trip --I promise --well a little promise, I think I have a hole in my motivation bucket.

To make matters worse Ive gone off drinking --dunno why, just lost the taste, I sit there drinking the stuff for no fun nor does it seem to do anything.

Maybe ive got liver disease -wouldnt surprise me --if I still got one.

9. masalai

masalai masalai

You need a challenge... Something to occupy your mind beyond the banal... A project where your skills can be applied and deliver a 'social benefit', thereby earning the respect and appreciation of some in the 'Lesser Developed Country' demographic... Like what I am doing - but for me, is tropical/remote farming expertise and knowing what will make a very much appreciated local project, (extract coconut oil for export or local use and keep the by-products for local benefit), instead of making copra for export to Europe where the by-products are not really wanted...

I am looking to co-ordinate rural farmers in delivery of coconuts to be de-husked, remove the meat, to convert the coconut-husk and woody-material into 'biochar', coconut shells into 'activated-charcoal', package & sell cold-pressed-coconut-oil to the health food/pharmaceutical market, sell coconut oil fuel locally, trade biochar/compost mix as fertiliser, export activated charcoal, trade copra-meal as a pig and poultry feed-stock-base, trade in egg-production, trade in day-old chicks, trade in poultry meat on local markets, manage a core enterprise coconut plantation...

An opportunity exists for someone who can deliver, install, manage and operate the expellers and associated machinery... Not with me... To do your own thing as there is a broad need for similar operations...

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Thailnd is not coconut lsland nor is it laos or Cambodia.
    To be honest time has left me by Thailand is advanced as anything I have ever seen in Europe. Ive just had a bit of a shock this afternoon --ive never seen a bulding so large full of furnituire and pots and pans, probably the size of 4 football fields.

There is building just down the road from me,--floor after floor just selling computers --its called '.com' its built on top of a stream that used be there 20 years ago
    I cant teach these people anything.

In .com you will see signs like "we buy lap tops' or 'any laptop problem
    300baht ( thats 10 dollar), memory sticks and hi fi's galore,--'lap tops guranteed for life',-- a dozen shops just cleaning printing heads.

Its not unusual (as Tom Jones would say) to pull up next to a Ferrari or as last week a black Phantom RR , these people are not intersted in getting oil from coconuts,--nor I.

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Be careful. Some might accuse you of being a capitalist oppressor colonialist for wanting to buy what other people want to sell, and then wanting to sell the finished product to another set of people who want to buy. How dare you try to force people to be prosperous! :)

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I have drank my fil. I am prepairing mentally to get up early in the morning and drive through Bangkok and down the number 3 to Malaysia. It will take me 12 hours in one hit and I will be at white rose hotel tomorrow night at approx 7pm, just in time for a beer and collapse into bed.

Next day get the ferry to Langkawi geopark duty free island ( with Mc donalds) where I keep the boat and my Royal enfield that I enjoy.

Its a long way -sometimes its hard sometimes its not,---whom am I lying to,- yes its a long drive 1400km

Its another life sooo different and Im looking forward to it.

Ille be off to bed in a minute and the next thing I now Ille be on the high way through Rama 11 road in Bangok to Samutprakarn, i'me not expecting flooding but I know there is some. The motorway starts about 3 Km from the house which is good to get off the roads that drunks use at 4am.

See yer.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh well, Dream-time is over.... The Matron says it is bed time and I must do as I am told ............................

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Trying to think outside the box, and resolve some concerns about running 24/5 in crossing from Cairns to Samarai... The key is supply of 24VDC to run the navigation stuff as well as galley and refrigeration when solar PV panels do not work (at night)... so one option was a small 24VDC charger running on a Honda petrol engine http://www.christieengineering.com.au/Itemdetail.asp?PC=GX16024V45A#

Then I fluked a link whilst chasing something else, - - http://www.yandina.com/c150Info.htm and the Troll24BatA.gif attached which lead to some Australian suppliers and options all over the place... I wanted to take power from either 12V engine start battery and charge my 24V house-bank some '50ft plus circuit', distant from the engine start batteries... Still working on options... Sometimes (well mostly) I run using one engine, halving fuel consumption for a loss in speed from 7 knots to around 5.5 ~ 6 knots... So far, the cheapest option seems to be an inverter (12VDC to 240VAC) and a switch-mode-managed-battery-charger... (attached Jaycar-MB3608-Manual.pdf ) Then, running through the night, I will have adequate 24V power for everything including autopilot and inverter for the galley...

Attached Files:

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Great , fine , not a problem exept that 24 volt rarely comes up cheap in chandlery shops or even available for boats your size.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.