1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Its a sailing cat now, the egg whisks he has in now would hardly qualify it as a power cat.

If you gonna sell sell now while it still smells of fresh paint --it is at its fastest devaluation right now.

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

"it is at its fastest devaluation right now."....words of a wise sage.......especially with the world economical mess we have today.

I have a little alloy plate boat I am selling...really doubt that anyone will buy it, but it does not matter, it is new and can sit in the shed till someone wants it. Fortunately it is well made, well painted and will not really deteriorate at all in the shed, as it has never been in the water.

3. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

"The worst thing that you can do to a boat is put it into the water".....

...new quote for the day.

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Mmmmmmmm, something in that........

5. masalai

masalai masalai

My paltry little bank account will not let me buy propellers yet... If I do not buy food or fuel I may get close next pension day...

Oh dear, I need to get a paying job soon, as I feel the pension will not last long, for if China stops buying so much coal and minerals from Australia, Australia will collapse like a bust balloon full of air...

China will stop buying the instant Europe, India, USA slow down with another big "correction" in the share market and The FED has to buy all the "treasuries" because no one else will.... at the same time that gold price explodes exponentially upward...

6. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

hello mas, have you looked at austral props website, they have a listing of used props that mostly have only done trials and then put on the shelf. there is a huge range on there at half new price.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Whitepointer23,
    Yes and a couple if others, (around the Au$700 each mark, based on Aluminium casting), the shaft uses 17 splines and the gear ratio is 2.54:1 so the prop revolutions should peak at 1417rpm The usual propeller diameter is 15 inches but I may be able to accommodate 18 inches diameter? without too much difficulty but the HP at the engine is 21 and the torque is about 45 NewtonMeters

8. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

sorry mas, i thought we were talking about shaft drives. sail drive props are a different proposition.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Hey Mass
    Ever thought of pulling her back out of the water and still living aboard but on a nice grassy lawn with some form of shade shelter. Might help preserve the value and keep expenses down at the same time. Maybe the same place you built her, looked nice at least.

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah just tie it to a tree at high tide you'lle be out of the water for most of the month.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Where I built the boat was charging Au$300 a month and no power, water or toilet...

I was considering swinging off the pick near the mouth of the Caboolture River, as there is a friendly place I can leave the rubber duckie whilst I am away...

Propellers from UK retail at 180 pound + 40 pound for retaining cone, tab washer of the Sillette type, plus freight x 2 so I do not think there will be much saving there... (Aluminium propeller, 3 blade ,15" diameter, 11" {9" to 17"} pitch, for 28mm dia 17 spline shaft.)

12. masalai

masalai masalai

I can put it on hard stand for an advertised Au$125/month but NO live aboard ??? plus lift out and return by 50 tonne mobile crane (necessary to get the reach)... of about Au$600 out and same back in??? - -

Monteys Marina, up the Caboolture River, offers hardstand, haulout packages for my size at: Au$619.65/month or Au$143/week and liftout-&-return package at 7.70/ft (Au$308)

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Fortifications on Bribie Island left from WW11...

Attached Files:

14. masalai

masalai masalai

85011 How about a couple more images ? CNO at the 'Newport' marina, Redcliffe, Queensland ... 3 of the Glasshouse mountains aligned ... The 'morning-glory' rolling in across the SE corner of the Gulf of Carpentaria...

Attached Files:

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.