1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Yes, this has been the case for millenia.

I am happy to put up my hand to try to 'breed out' the psychopaths if its possible.

Of course, this trauma can be caused by social conditions - so we are going to have to bring everyone to a safer, secure, fulfilling life style with enough shelter and food to eat , within the worlds resources ..... :(

Refusing to supply animals for torture is a start ... that has to be a sign of a progressive society.

and frosty "You sure you're squeeky clean over there in Aussie --if you are then carry on with your conversation. "

Yeah - I will put up my hand to cary on the conversation - if we all had to be perfect to try to improve the world, nothing would get done, so if you dont care about animal torture - then we have some work to do.

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

maintenance is one thing troy so is flogging a dead horse. i was listening to the finance report late last night on the radio and they were in a panic over the losses in the markets this week. aus, us, japan , china and europe put a lot of money in to prevent a crash and now they are talking of another cash injection. i work in 2 industrys. dairy, i drive milk tankers. and the building industry, i have a waterproofing franchise. the milk prices fell through the floor when the gfc hit because australian milk prices are determined by international benchmarks. i know farmers that have been producing milk at a 4cent a liter loss for the last 18 months. they will not keep this up for to long. we had 14 farms shut down last year. the building industry has died, hopefully it will pick up or i will have to close my business down. we were very busy while the government was throwing stimulus money around for schools and community buildings but now those projects are coming to an end things are not looking good. i think a good start for australia would be to put all utilitys back to government ownership and start a new government owned bank . our power bills, water, bank charges, etc, are getting out of hand. and get rid of our lying backstabbing prime minister and her cronies.

1 person likes this.
  3. masalai

masalai masalai

Attached Files:

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Here are some not quite so large (new software and the resizing does not work the same ? :eek: ) This is Doug's boat... He may upload others... in this thread...

Attached Files:

5. whitepointer23

looking good, do you have any internal pics as well, or are they on an earlier post. i understand the mass media is more interested in a good story than facts but i listen to the abc and i think they are truthful, most of the time anyway.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Shall we agree - partially when it is convenient...

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" - masalai...

- Whose boat? Many of mine are on this thread? or those of DougieDreamer? - ask him nicely...

7. whitepointer23

your boat mas, i was typing the reply when you put up the other one.

8. Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin atn_atkin@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

Mas this is an awesome photo. deserves to go on the wall

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yes I care very much about animals welfare. My missus put it into words better than I could when she said why be so cruel to the animal when it is about to give up its life for you to eat.

What I meant was that it is probable that cruelty is not just in Indonesia, if you were prepared to look for it im sure you would find it.

10. whitepointer23

you won't find it in australia, all meatworks use stun guns and work to strict guide lines. that torture would never ever be tolerated here.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi whitepointer23,
    But only abattoirs are controlled spaces... cruelty may be found most everywhere else... http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/2754148.html

Here is an image of the "naughty engine", The sea-water-strainer is removed from its rightful position to slightly ease access... Dese old bones...

and more of Dougies boat...

Attached Files:

12. Alan.M

Alan.M Junior Member

There are halal capable abbattoirs in Australia. There's no genuine reason for exporting live cattle or sheep to muslim countries. And slaughtering them humanely here would also provide jobs here.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201106/r782429_6744348.asx
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/12/3241900.htm?section=justin

Ahem
    - a lack of refrigerated butcher retail shops in rural regions...?

- The one or two head a week butchering places...?

- a lack of appropriate refrigerated wholesalers, distribution systems, and reliable power in many smaller communities...?

- a distrust of 'infidel products' in smaller communities...?

*_______________***_______________*​
    Have you been to PNG and witnessed one of the "compensation settling ceremonies"? - where 50 or more pigs may be slaughtered and cooked... The food is tasty, The people are friendly and helpful, - but the stomach needs to be hardened to watch the slaughtering and butchering processes...

Just think for a few minutes of the many remote or island communities in PNG, Phillipines, Indonesia and India, ( ... I only cite those near Australia, but that problem is almost universal...), where meat is available only during a gathering of all the nearby communities as there is not an abundance of refrigeration (let alone power to drive the refrigeration plant 24/7) and most meat is killed and butchered by 'amateurs" with little money to access expensive slaughtering technology which may require MAINS POWER... and is cooked and eaten as soon as... because they know that it will not keep, and that red-meat-protein is beneficial...

Australia has difficulties exporting to USA, Japan and other regions because of local grower/industry protectionism at some level...

I have been a farmer for most of my working life, in Australia and PNG, - and travelled extensively in the local region - not as a tourist...

14. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Those definitely look like 'genuine reasons' to me...

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Troy,
    Is that, ('genuine reasons'), like having 'an each-way-bet'? :D found some 'old images' that may be interesting?

DSCN0308 - is going very fast - better than an SR71 just a short trip from Brisbane to the Coolangatta airport...
    P1010333 - a rare flying machine...
    P1ooo482 - a fanciful dream "Arrrrgh, me hearties, Arrrrgh"

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.