1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

would you be the one on the right or the left

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I wish.
    With **** like that I won't get any work done, just play all day long :D

3. masalai

masalai masalai

The stats (and I have demonstrated to my satisfaction the voracity of the stats) indicate a 10% success rate when asked randomly at a street corner, but if soliciting is illegal - do NOT stay in the one place for long - change clothes and relocate regularly.... Rules - one must ask every person who returns your smile who you would not be ashamed of taking for a meal or the cinema - - do not ask people who may be too young or anything else that may be illegal....

Blonds are not allowed to nurse at Redcliffe Hospital, and your examples would be like cradle-snatching - at my age they are acceptable as 10 second eye-candy :D:D:D:D or risk being barefoot and pregnant if found 45 years ago.... (one looks a bit like one of my grandchildren...)

One of the gents in another part of the ward was using the line - - "I am by-sexual - - at my age I am forced to buy my sexual pleasures..." :D:D:D - - I reckon he may have scored a couple of times in 2 days, from ladies who felt "sorry" for him.....

4. masalai

masalai masalai

OK, back to the purpose of this thread....

Attached Files:

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I think I got my technique well under control but thanks for the tip

I say a beautiful young woman is a privileged not a perversion
    one to be thankful for
    specially at my age

so Fanie
    you were the one on the left then ?

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I wanna meet your grandchildren I wanna meet your grandchildren I wanna meet your grandchildren !!! :p

Cradle-snatching eh. Some of those will take the life out of you and I don't mean shoot you with a gun :D What a way to go...

Great Mas, I see you finally got something erect there. I mean the boat of course...

Bos you missed post #137...

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

oh I saw it I just figured you were not the one with the blessings
    ( bows head and thanks the gods for woman )

so naturally I assumed you were the other
    more say
    athletic of the two

Im happy with that
    its not a contest

so Mas how did you get so much done so fast
    did you get stuff precast in panels as in the stuff comes in a kit
    and how did you get the nurses to help you

or need I ask

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston,
    For a change used my brains instead of testicles and testosterone (no ladies to impress) :D:D:D - - and paid for some good workers (so fast it is almost impossible to see them on film - or even on digital cameras)... Then, as a good manager, - I keep out of their way, ensure cold beer is available after a days work, and make sure all the tools and necessary materials are at hand and the place is kept clean and tidy.... :D:D:D:D

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

way to run a job Mas
    I always said find out what your guys do best and let em do it
    its a great way to actually get things done

my hats off to you

cant believe you didnt at least hire the nurses to at least keep things interesting

10. masalai

masalai masalai

I used to think that was the norm, and I am amazed at the useless stupidity displayed by so many managers of incompetence who still retain employment... I have operated in that way since about '69 (what a wonderful year for sex-education - all in the numbers...) - My first year of "freedom" after 6 years in the Army... was to embark on an adventure near Rabaul, PNG, - as a coconut/cocoa plantation manager.... It is all so logical and easy to work with what you have got and nurture the skills and ambitions/interests of all of your individual employees.... A good worker loves to be appreciated and to be able to develop their skills/talents...

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

and chances are that employee is good at something cause they really enjoy it
    and they enjoy getting better at it
    even making a game out of how well and how fast something can be done
    yurp folks need to be well rounded and learn at least to fill in for someone should that someone miss a few days
    but all in all
    stay out of your peoples way

my hardest thing to accept among my employees was that although an individual may not be following a procedure that I would have
    it still got done in a reasonable way in a reasonable amount of time
    if you screw with that guy and his ways
    you screw up moral
    and moral is everything

now
    where is that nurse

B

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Nah, you should print yourself a "Doctorate in Business and Management Psychology" and post it on the office wall - I got a couple of pretend MBA's to balance out the display of genuine certificates - it is a bit like hiding 5 & 10oz bars of bullion, right in the viewers face and no-one has picked the pretend from the earned yet....:D:D:D

Boston, don't you ever sleep? or are you watching the markets for the new days trading? - - I have a bit of a predicament in that the market for gold has gone to sleep and the price is going lower as the $US weakens.... Is nearly everyone in USA on meds (valium?) or some other stuff to turn them all into slow acting dopes? - - - The peons must rise up before they become bound slaves... This is what the second amendment was all about - Get rid of Wall Street & the FED as those private institutions run the country and the elected politicians do as they are told and stay in as long as they are useful to the FED.... It is so frustrating to watch from a distance a once great and prosperous nation fall into a pile of apathetic deluded debtors who cannot borrow any more...

How do I set the address to go to the most recent/last post in "chatter on the build?"

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

thats funny
    I was wondering when someone would ask me that
    I sleep about 2 to 4 hours a night

and no
    I dont intend to be an employer ever again
    to much stress
    Ill stick to day trading
    half the time I make a trade and go crack a beer
    no greater loss than .25
    gain of .5 or whatever I can get

I never really did borrow money
    always seemed like a bad idea

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Now for some light entertainment for those who are intrigued by/with numbers http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2009/0430.html explains Fibonacci numbers in an interesting way... A question I have.. what if the sequence was started outside the natural sequence - say - at 120? would there still be a useful pattern match, would it also work in hexadecimal, octal, binary etc?

15. judy

judy Oram 44C Builder

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.