My Friends Boat - Insane ! Must See

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by will9000, Nov 5, 2010.

1. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Hello, just thought id tell you all about my friend, he has a business which basically does what the jet boats do in new zealand... except he does it in the ocean !! insane i know !

Boat has twin 213 hamiltons and twin 502 chevys total 850hp @ 70mph
    It carries the driver and 12-14 people
    It is insane, the boat gets air from the waves then slammed down on the water whilst the driver spins you 360 degrees at 70mph !

Its a commercial boat located in Gran Canaria if you would like to come down and go on it ! And to let you know he has been on TV Twice !

Here is an image of the boat from September 2010 !

[​IMG]

2. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

So.. everyone let me know what you think.. there are a few videos on Youtube... oh by the way it uses 80 litres of gasoline in 25 mins ! 300 litre tank capacity.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Its a shot over jet !! :D
    Have the same in the south island of NZ and carries tourists for a thrilling ride on the SHOT OVER river .
    Notice no one is wearing life jackets !! :confused:

4. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

LOL its not a shot over jet, the boat is adapted for the sea not thr rivers, it is much stronger and is bigger than the shotover boats, it wasnt based on them at all and costs about £150,000 !! but doing it in the sea is more fun than the river, oh and about the life jackets, they are in the boat, and under new regulations they are not needed... the boat has been going 12 years and no one has fallen out :p but you sit low down in the boat so you cant fall out.

5. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Your youth and enthusiasm are betrayed by your manners young man .You are clearly keen for response ,but then delight in pointing out perceived innacuracies . Soften your approach ,after a couple of years on here ,some you treat as fools may appear as wise men ,who's opinion you will value.

6. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Sorry, i just annoyed at the guy who put in large writing "ITS SHOTOVER JET" when its not..

1 person likes this.
  7. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Wow you get pissed off pretty easy !! Take a pill and put your head in a oven !!:confused:

8. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Sorry please accept my apology, its just i love the boat etc thanks.

9. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Your are a fruit cake !!!:eek:

10. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Ten out of ten Will ,for your enthusiasm and your apology . The boat won't appeal to everyone on here but it clearly means a lot to you , hope you get to build one someday.

11. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Hi thanks, this boat was made in 2004 and in use 2004, but they used another boat before 2004 but its been sitting in the boat yard from 2004-present its just the hull apparently the "girders need restrengthening".

My friend said one day i can have the old boat so maybe i can fix it up and have it... It really is the best job in the world ( before the recession ) you make a lot of money.

Again i apologise to any whom was offended etc

Thanks.

PS : The current boat which is the one in the image, is currentley sitting in dry dock with a hole in the bottom, just wear and tear - happens quite a lot you get cracks etc, no big deal just weld it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.