New Design; what do you think?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Baywolf, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Baywolf

Baywolf Engineer, who me? ya sure

Here's what is in one of the stables, " SWA Baywolf " fixing to get her game on.

Attached Files:

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

wheres the sail?
    wheres the trolling motor?
    :D
    looks fast man,, great job ;)

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Who did the design?

I dont think I have seen very many strakes that curve with the hull - I would have thought that straight fwd/aft strakes would have been more efficient.

maybe it the way the photograph was taken or something

4. Jack Daniels Eq

Jack Daniels Eq Shockwave

Bad hybrid
    BR>Jack

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Baywolf, do you have anymore artwork/sketches other than the one in your Gallery?

6. Baywolf

Tons of 'em

I've sketched hundreds of different boats, features, and ins/outs, I try to deticate what time I do have to furthering a specific attribute to one of my platform type designs, this way it is the performance that gets the benefit of the brainstorming, instead of steering too far off course and not get to testing.

7. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I'm a architect, and I freehand sketch a lot. It's nice to meet someone else that can draw and likes to get his hands dirty.

If it's not too personal, how do you find the time and money to build one of your dreams?

I have run out of time and money on my own hovercraft experiment.

8. Baywolf

It's all good.

Kach22i, i'm not at all opposed to talking about how i get to do what i do. I too wish I had more time to spend on my dreams, I try to get my wife, my son and my daughter enthusiastic about a project before I start so 1.) they help, 2.) they encourage with thier ideas as well.
    At the end of the day, I do have to hire guys that know more about the stuff than me to keep me out of trouble, but for the really tricky stuff I bite the bullet and learn to work with new materials first hand.
    As far a sthe affordability goes, I tend to buy extra material when I can, for expierements down the road, and I like to buy old rigs that have uniqueness to them, things tha can't easily be replicated, mostly to remind myself that someone a while back also thought that difficult didn't me impossible, and good design endures over time.
    All in all, for every good project their is likely four times as many failed ones in its wake, the hard part is committing to the ones you don't want to see fail, but knowing when you need to revisit the drawing board. I don't know what else to say, I'd like to see a pic from your hovercraft sketches.

9. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.