Loading conditions for ISO-12217-1

Discussion in 'Stability' started by pavel915, Dec 19, 2013.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

Hello,

We have to make a stability booklet of a motor yacht of 23.5 Length Overall by ISO 12217-1 rule. We have gone through the ISO-12217-1 papers but did not get any point about, for how many loading conditions(and details of those loading condition) the stability criteria should be verified, as we can easily know about 4 standard loading condition when dealing with IMO.

Please make this point clear to us, thanks in advance.

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Usually two conditions:
    1. Loaded displacement condition LDC
    2. Minimum operational condition MOC (used for wind/wave criterion only if LDC/MOC>1.15)

Check each criterion; they specify which loading condition they refer to.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

Thank you very much Alik, after you comment I have read the criterion again and I have seen that only wind/wave criterion may just have 2 loading conditions, and only LDC for the others... thanks again,

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Alik is correct.
    I am attaching an example. If you will be filling out, as I indicated in the spreadsheet, itself will indicate what you should do, which pages are necessary and which are not.
    If in doubt, you can email me: 657677483@orange.es

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.