Multihull controversy flares again as CYCA refuses entries

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oceancruiser, Jan 23, 2014.

1. oceancruiser

oceancruiser Previous Member

2. guzzis3

guzzis3 Senior Member

I suppose there are two sides to it. On the one hand their event they get to make the rules. On the other hand they don't own the ocean and I've often thought someone should organise a parallel race sydney to hobart so a few $50k multi's can properly humiliate the multi million $ leadmines.

But then again...meh. Leave them to slowly die of disinterest...

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

4. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

The thing about the Australia day regatta is that it was government sponsored so should not have discriminated, especially on Australia Day !
    The other thing is, they accepted multihull entries.....then reneged.
    Tacky.

5. oceancruiser

oceancruiser Previous Member

Don't Support. Will only make it permanent, probably world wide segregation, Mon hulls and Multihulls sailing separately.

He should be taking a case against the yacht club for discrimination. More Fees, There is already an Australian Off shore multihull organisation.

As you have determined he would not invite certain multihulls when he intended to sail S to H which he did not go ahead with. Just a publicity stunt again probably. He was pretty off hand with you in the early stages. The Association with him as the a influencing factor, dominator is not interested in non professional multihull sailing groups is my impression, which will cause more divisions which is not in any bodies interest. I doubt, if you wanted to race your 40 footer or your smaller vessel there will some pressure / rules to prevent you and other armatures.

Is that good or Bad for yachting.

OC

6. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Well it's nice to see some alternatives considered, I thought the new AORMA was going to invite single hulled vessels to race too.
    Jeff.

7. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

agreed Jeff, It sounds like Sean wants to make their events more inclusive of different types of craft multihull and monohull. I'm prepared to wait and see how their constitution and objectives shape up for the new group before making any judgement on it.

8. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Be good to start the monos after the multis too.... much safer at the line,
    or even self starts/finishes to a transit... say for Sydney Canae point to South head, Ocean racing isn't about rubbing gunnels over a short line.... & in the modern world with gps/tracking shouldn't be hard to do.
    Jeff.

PS: I read that CYCA gave Team Aus a gun at finish.... some respect aye, on Australia Day!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.