Anybody using Orca3d on a recent mac book pro (under bootcamp) ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by yves, May 21, 2017.

1. yves

yves Junior Member

Hello all,

I have been fighting for the last few days, with the help of the Orca3d support (very responsive), to try to make Orca3d work on a recent mbp (13" with touch bar) under bootcamp, with no success ...

Rhino works perfectly fine under bootcamp, and the issue with Orca is just due to the licensing software they are using.

Orca3d support told me they have many example of it working on macs under bootcamp

Was wondering if anybody has this set up working, and if a special trick is involved ...

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. yves

yves Junior Member

A little up, nobody is using this setup ? This thing is drivng me nuts.
    Rhino is working perfectly under bootcamp, and Orca doesn't work just due to this licensing software, pretty sure it would be almost nothing to repair, nobody from Nalpeiron here ? :(

3. vkstratis

vkstratis Naval Architect

I used to work orca3d under bootcamp. I had no problem as a mac booting in windows (using bootcamp) is a windows machine. You will not succeed if you try to run orca3d under parallels or similar software.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.