moulds for Lifeboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by wouter1977, Aug 23, 2012.

1. wouter1977

wouter1977 New Member

Dear Forum members,

Today the old liferafts are very populair in my country for leisure purposes. But the meanwhile everybody buy his boat in Bangladesh or India as used on the blue water vessels.

i am looking for a supplier who can provide me with new hulls of this type. or a supplier who can offer me the moults.

The size of the life boat shoeld be 5 till 10 meter. if possible more sizes.

We will assembly all the electronices and propulsion etc. at our own warf custom build

please if you know something gice me a reply

regards

Wouter

2. jim lee

jim lee Senior Member

3. wouter1977

wouter1977 New Member

Dear Jim,

These guys are renovated old lifeboats to lesuren boats. I know there is à lot of crap on this market. This is the reason why i Like to build these boats fromage new hulls.

Gr. Wouter

4. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Do what 1/2 the early boat builders world wide did.

Splash a mold.

That meant take a great example of the hull you want to duplicate and simply use it as the plug to make your mold.

There are "legalities" involved, but who would know?

FF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.