Motor Well design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by WesS, Jan 9, 2010.

1. WesS

WesS Junior Member

Hey guys- I am building a duck hunting boat and have a question. I would like to have a splash rail around the boat and wondering where the angles on the transom should end (for the motor, it will be a 9.9 hp tiller). Also wondering about motor well dimensions needed. I would like to keep it as small as possible, but not too small to be of no use. Thanks.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. WesS

WesS Junior Member

I saw that one; however, it needs to be smaller. Wondering what would be an acceptable smaller size?

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I can't help you there, but the basic principle can probably be scaled down to meet your needs. Make it as large as will not create a problem for your particular boat. Make it so that you can modify it if need be.

5. WesS

WesS Junior Member

thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.