Design Identification

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by cookiesa, Nov 19, 2011.

1. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Just bought a new project, design is unknown so I am hoping someone may be able to help.

19ft long, diagnonal strip planked, (round hull), sloping stern, Bilge keels, V Berth and single berths under cockpit seats. Although it has an outboard bracket, there is a hatch at the rear of the cockpit which I suspect may have been intended as an outboard well.

Wooden mast around 20ft long.

[​IMG]

I believe it was designed for use in Macquarie Harbour?

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

That isn't strip planking, but a molded hull, possably Ashcroft method, but certainly a molded hull. It also looks home built. It may be hot or cold molded, but further investigation into it's build type would be required. It looks like one of several possible designs, have you more photos?

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

5. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Thanks for all the responses anod references so far! Looking at the lines I don't feel it is any mentioned or pictured in links...

One thing that may helpis the transom is of modern style/design sloping towards to bow at the top.

I will certainly post some more pics, any particular views or reference points that may help?

Thnks again

6. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

The bulk of the vessel is in good order, the original fiberglass sheath has been removed. There is the patch on the bow to repair and there are a couple of spots in the decks with rot. (there is also a couple of very average repairs!)

The intention is to replace the whole deck (considering the amount of deck, I think the end result will be better for less work (decks still have fiberglass on them)

Then fill, fair and sheath the hull with 200gsm cloth and epoxy.

7. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

More Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.