more plyak

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by stevelima, Feb 25, 2011.

1. stevelima

stevelima Junior Member

here are a couple of pictures of the bottom, at the bow and from the stern. Also a couple of the one piece keel and keelson. I used it over the weekend to do some river paddling. It works great in open water, but with as much keel that is exposed the currant really plays havik. You need to start your turns 20 to 30 foot before needed. Sunken logs need to be about 6 to 8 inches under the water or it likes to get hung up. Lots of rocking to get off log.All in all it a very nice water craft. The Boy Scouts and I had a great time.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. jeffzeek

jeffzeek New Member

OMG Thank You!

Listen, these pictures clear up soooo much! i have seen several other builders and they eliminated the "fin?". off the back. the original designs seemed to show this fin and you included it. now that i know this, this is the final thing i need to start contruction ... and i noted that you made the fin quite hydrodynamic (correct term?) I will do the exact same thing! thanks soo much again!

3. stevelima

stevelima Junior Member

If you are interested, I could send you my card board patterns. I've already used them for second project.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.