Rustoleum

Discussion in 'Materials' started by fallguy, Mar 30, 2022.

1. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Anodized aluminum part I want to spray paint.

What rustoleum would you recommend?

was gonna roll it, but it is an obvious spray job and my air system needs a dryer, so want to use cans...tia

2. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Have you tried rust oleum.com?

3. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

I used some krylon today. Doesn't look as good as my two part poly paint, but the job is done in less than a day..

4. Barry

Barry Senior Member

You need to read the instructions, the print so small that you need at least 3 power glasses. Fallguy Krylon is my favorite. I used Rustoleum once. Sprayed it, light coat, let it dry and then re sprayed it. The solvent from the second coat
    softened the initial coat and it bubbled and made a mess of the project. So I read the instructions, and the can that I had said that you need to let it sit for a day before recoat.
    There is a You tube on how to paint anodized aluminum

I found the can
    Rustoleum Ultra Cover paint and primer
    The instructions say that you can recoat within a couple of minutes (though I would expect that it might run pretty easy) then under recoat "apply second coat within 1 hour or after 48 hours"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.